• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wildcat Diva

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2016
    Yes, I love the PSC range. Great facilities. Mostly friendly, co-operative and respectful members. What really impresses me is how often improvements are made to the ranges and training buildings. All the facilities are well maintained by folks that take great pride in their work. All that and the fact that I only live about 3 miles east on 528. What's not to love???

Yep, it’s a good range. I haven’t used my membership at all this year. Sad. Not wanting to shoot the ammo I got. Sigh.

cswpsi

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2013
    South of Houston
    Yep, it’s a good range. I haven’t used my membership at all this year. Sad. Not wanting to shoot the ammo I got. Sigh.
    Sadly, I've only been to PSC a couple of times since the beginning of the WuFlu... and I only live a miles and a half up the road. I need to put my money and membership to use. The upside is I can roll all the ammo I need when I need it (unless the primer shortage drags out indefinitely). Plan to take my daughter for some practice over spring break when she's in town. Maybe I'll see y'all out there in March.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2018
    US
    In my 2nd year of membership at PSC. I had been a member at Bayou Rifles for years prior to Joining PSC. As others have stated, PSC is well maintained with plenty of events/competitions if you so desire. PSC has it all. Archery range, shotgun, rifle, rimfire, airgun, pistol, steel targets or backstop for your paper targets.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    For the new members of PSC, note that the title of this thread is misleading. PSC hasn't been the Pearland Shooting Club since the 1960s. When they moved out of Pearland, they incorporated as PSC, Inc. That doesn't stand for anything; it was just meant to connect them to their history. Yet people have such long memories and so much mental inertia that they still incorrectly call it the "Pearland Shooting Club".

There was an article in the club newsletter covering this some 30+ years ago when I was a member and the incorporation information can be found online for folks who are curious enough. Even so, I've heard more recently involved folks, even some who claimed their information came directly from club officers, who dispute what I've said in this post. Collective mental inertia is a powerful thing.

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    and I only live a miles and a half up the road.

That would be dangerous for my budget if I lived that close. I am about an hour away so I only go about once a month (been less than that lately due to work) but it's worth the trip.

cswpsi

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2013
    South of Houston
    That would be dangerous for my budget if I lived that close. I am about an hour away so I only go about once a month (been less than that lately due to work) but it's worth the trip.
    Before I became a member there, I had two pistols. Since then, I've filled a small gun safe. Collection now expands eternally, but finding time to get them to the range remains elusive. I need to reevaluate my priorities!

I always get depressed when the significant other makes me work in the yard... I can hear y'all shootin'.

Wildcat Diva

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2016
    I totally call it Pearland Shooting Club. But I just started shooting there about 2012 at youth events. Pretty sure lots of people call it Pearland Shooting Club. Whoops

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I totally call it Pearland Shooting Club.
    Most people do.
    Pretty sure lots of people call it Pearland Shooting Club.
    I'm pretty sure it's more than "lots". It's "most" or "almost all".

Which makes it even funnier when you dig around in the legal documents and actually read the paperwork that was filed with the state when they moved out of Pearland and incorporated.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LandenR
    Top Bottom