• ...and so much more!
  • Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Story says she saw him peeking through bedroom window, but shot him through wall. Huh?

When I do my peeping I just barely pop my head up in the window. Just enough to get my eyes where they need to be.

All of my body remains in concealment behind the wall under or beside the window.

Only the noobs stand full body in the window like you see in horror movies.

This part of the story makes sense from a tactical standpoint. You wouldn't shoot at the little part of the head popping up in the window.

Even if she did and missed low or to the side the bullets would go through the wall.

That may be the case even if she shot solid as I doubt her rifle was zeroed at 10 feet.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
    Venture Surplus ad

Wallace Dunn

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2020
    Odessa, TX
    Damn!

So, she evidently shot multiple times through her wall?

"Fearing for her safety, the woman shot the man through the wall with a rifle.
    The man sustained gunshot wounds to his torso"

Is this going to work out well for her?
    She was inside, he was outside, and she feared for her life?
    Likely no charges, but WAY risky on her part. Unfortunately, it depends on who the shooter is, who the dirt bag is, and WHERE this occurred. WAY too many variables. I have a hard time seeing self-defense when there's a wall between you.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Likely no charges, but WAY risky on her part. Unfortunately, it depends on who the shooter is, who the dirt bag is, and WHERE this occurred. WAY too many variables. I have a hard time seeing self-defense when there's a wall between you.
    Her saving grace is (I presume) the ability to articulate the dead guy's actions as preparation for an imminent violent felony against her. A risky move? Yes, very risky. I wish State law made it a little more clear cut with broadened specific justification for night-time and within curtilage of the home, especially it there was another crime beyond simple trespassing.

Sent from your mom's house using Tapatalk

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    If she could shoot through the wall, so could he...

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Her saving grace is (I presume) the ability to articulate the dead guy's actions as preparation for an imminent violent felony against her. A risky move? Yes, very risky. I wish State law made it a little more clear cut with broadened specific justification for night-time and within curtilage of the home, especially it there was another crime beyond simple trespassing.

Or she could articulate that the dead guy was about to “paint” her wall outside the bedroom window without permission, thus showing criminal mischief.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    IF the guy really was a "peeping tom" it's also likely he may not even have a criminal record.

I'd look at other possible police call of a similar nature, where no one was found or charged with a crime in that neighborhood. If the guy was on foot, he probably didn't venture very far from home.

greggtex

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    Aubrey, Tx.
    Gonna disagree with most. Unless he was actively trying to get to her, displaying a weapon, or known to her via prior threats, I'm not getting "feared for her life" out of this.
    If I were on a jury and more facts given, possibly/probably. Teen looking to communicate with his gf, as one said guy whose dog got away and ran, etc... many scenarios in which this not a realistic threat warranting deadly force.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Gonna disagree with most. Unless he was actively trying to get to her, displaying a weapon, or known to her via prior threats, I'm not getting "feared for her life" out of this.
    If I were on a jury and more facts given, possibly/probably. Teen looking to communicate with his gf, as one said guy whose dog got away and ran, etc... many scenarios in which this not a realistic threat warranting deadly force.
    It doesn't matter what else he might have been doing, it is what she reasonably believed he was doing.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    If his fingerprints are on the window...

We don't have all the facts. Property owners/residents in texas at night have more latitude than most other states. I dont think it's bad at all. I also think its reasonable for a woman to see a peeping perv and instantly fear for her life.

There is no reasonable reason whatsoever for him to have violated the fence/property line at night and be peeping in the window. Plenty of what ifs but none that effect her reasonable fear in that moment.

I wouldnt shoot as my first reaction but that option would damn well enter my mind as a top option and I wouldnt think it unreasonable nor unrealistic for her to respond that way. I guarantee you she could dial 911 and him be into her home before she could get her call for help complete much less get help there. You violate the integrity of someone's property and peek in a ladies window at night you bought the full ride. It's on you.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    I have a question. If it was your house he was peeping into, and had crossed the boundaries of your fenced in yard, how would you respond then?

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    If the guy was on foot, he probably didn't venture very far from home.
    QFT. The one peeping Tom I've ever experienced was when I was a kid. He came around multiple times over a period of years, first looking at my sister through her bedroom window and later, after sis went off to college, looking at my mom. When we finally identified him, he turned out to be a kid my age who lived across the street, about 5 houses down. The guy had started peeping when he was maybe 12 years old. God only knows how many windows he visited over the years.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    QFT. The one peeping Tom I've ever experienced was when I was a kid. He came around multiple times over a period of years, first looking at my sister through her bedroom window and later, after sis went off to college, looking at my mom. When we finally identified him, he turned out to be a kid my age who lived across the street, about 5 houses down. The guy had started peeping when he was maybe 12 years old. God only knows how many windows he visited over the years.
    Unless they happen to get caught, most people are not even aware of their deviant behavior.

And even if they do get caught once, who knows how many times they have done it, or for how long before they did get caught.

Top Bottom