• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Conservatives gave ground time and time again in the name of "compromise". Now we are at the point of needing to draw a line in the sand. Liberals got use to having things continually (albeit somewhat gradually at times) go their way. Now they don't want to give any ground back.

Gridlock.

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    Conservatives gave ground time and time again in the name of "compromise". Now we are at the point of needing to draw a line in the sand. Liberals got use to having things continually (albeit somewhat gradually at times) go their way. Now they don't want to give any ground back.

Gridlock.

I've sadly been of the opinion for some time now that it will take an event like the one in 1775 to end this current gridlock.

Even moreso now that an incompatible governing philosophy from the Mid East has gotten a foothold. Like it or not, that particular camel's nose under the tent now has a new reality in the US.

Look no further than Western Europe for the consequences.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Why doesn't the congress call on Mueller to testify on whether Barr is covering up evidence? They really don't need Barr to testify, Mueller wrote it.

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    Headline reads: Pelosi Declares Nation Is in a ‘Constitutional Crisis’

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Constitutional_crisis
    "In political science, a constitutional crisis is a problem or conflict in the function of a government that the political constitution or other fundamental governing law is perceived to be unable to resolve. There are several variations to this definition."

DoubleDuty

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2019
    DFW
    Why doesn't the congress call on Mueller to testify on whether Barr is covering up evidence? They really don't need Barr to testify, Mueller wrote it.
    Uh, they already have the ability to read the unredacted report, this is more of them just being assholes.

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    That's but one of the checks. The fact is that extremely few presidential vetoes are ever overridden.
    That’s because there’s no way 75% of the elected clown college can ever agree on anything, except pay raises and lifelong medical care for themselves.

mroper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Katy, TX
    Talk about collusion every single one of the cable shows on every station but Fox was parroting Constitutional Crisis

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    Liberal logic:
    It’s a Constitutional crises when Democrats order the AG to break the law - a law the Dems themselves put in place - and the AG refuses.

Maybe AOC needs to remind the AG that “she’s the boss”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

gshayd

Ugliest house on the block.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2018
    Beaumont, Texas
    Hate to agree with her but she is correct.

Congress has the constitutional authority to override the President.

Sorry, do not see that power or the words override the executive branch in the Constitution. Now if you were to say provide checks and balances against the Executive branch I would be in total agreement with you.

Powers and duties of Congress according to the Constitution

1: The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States;

2: To borrow Money on the credit of the United States;

3: To regulate Commerce with foreign Nations, and among the several States, and with the Indian Tribes;

4: To establish an uniform Rule of Naturalization, and uniform Laws on the subject of Bankruptcies throughout the United States;

5: To coin Money, regulate the Value thereof, and of foreign Coin, and fix the Standard of Weights and Measures;

6: To provide for the Punishment of counterfeiting the Securities and current Coin of the United States;

7: To establish Post Offices and post Roads;

8: To promote the Progress of Science and useful Arts, by securing for limited Times to Authors and Inventors the exclusive Right to their respective Writings and Discoveries;

9: To constitute Tribunals inferior to the supreme Court;

10: To define and punish Piracies and Felonies committed on the high Seas, and Offences against the Law of Nations;

11: To declare War, grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal, and make Rules concerning Captures on Land and Water;

12: To raise and support Armies, but no Appropriation of Money to that Use shall be for a longer Term than two Years;

13: To provide and maintain a Navy;

14: To make Rules for the Government and Regulation of the land and naval Forces;

15: To provide for calling forth the Militia to execute the Laws of the Union, suppress Insurrections and repel Invasions;

16: To provide for organizing, arming, and disciplining, the Militia, and for governing such Part of them as may be employed in the Service of the United States, reserving to the States respectively, the Appointment of the Officers, and the Authority of training the Militia according to the discipline prescribed by Congress;

17: To exercise exclusive Legislation in all Cases whatsoever, over such District (not exceeding ten Miles square) as may, by Cession of particular States, and the Acceptance of Congress, become the Seat of the Government of the United States, and to exercise like Authority over all Places purchased by the Consent of the Legislature of the State in which the Same shall be, for the Erection of Forts, Magazines, Arsenals, dock-Yards, and other needful Buildings;—And

18: To make all Laws which shall be necessary and proper for carrying into Execution the foregoing Powers, and all other Powers vested by this Constitution in the Government of the United States, or in any Department or Officer thereof.

gshayd

Ugliest house on the block.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2018
    Beaumont, Texas
    Nope. By that logic, SCOTUS is the ‘superior’ branch.

The Constitution provides veto power to prevent Congress from becoming too powerful; by the same token, Congress is provided veto override to prevent the executive branch from becoming too powerful.

It’s an elegant system of checks and balances. Interestingly, the Constitution is silent on the equality of the three branches. In Federalist 51, Madison argues the system of checks and balances is a safeguard to ensure one branch of government could not have too much power over another to prevent the tyranny of the majority and protect liberty.

And that, is exactly what Pelosi is arguing for: tyranny of the majority.

The 51% ruling the 49% is what they want. That is why we are a Republic.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    What it boils down to is that for 8 years we had a President who thought Congress was supposed to answer to him. Now we have a majority in one house of Congress that think the President should answer to them.

Both are incorrect.
    For once I agree with you.

They both forget that they are supposed to answer to US. The SOTUS answers to the Constitution.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    For once I agree with you.

They both forget that they are supposed to answer to US. The SOTUS answers to the Constitution.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Awww, c'mon, you agree with me more than that. And yes, they think of themselves as the "ruling class" when they actually work for us. It's about damn time more of us realized it so we could fire their asses.

billyb4u64

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2017
    The democrats are why we need more guns !! Did anyone see the Sig Sauer 938 / 22lr pistol clearance sale at Guns Midwest yesterday .I purchased one , will send pictures when recieved.

Sent from my LGMS550 using Tapatalk
    I picked it up last sat.Also in the picture is my P238 HD SS .
    6a471d16c8df800e3524daea11b84761.jpg

Sent from my LGMS550 using Tapatalk

Attachments

• 6a471d16c8df800e3524daea11b84761.jpg
      6a471d16c8df800e3524daea11b84761.jpg
      43 KB · Views: 383
    Top Bottom