Join TexasGunTalk

Pelosi: Executive Branch suborn to Legislative Branch

Discussion in 'Politics' started by toddnjoyce, May 8, 2019.

1. oldag

oldag TGT Addict

Feb 19, 2015
    Much more eloquently stated.

toddnjoyce likes this.
  2. AustinN4

AustinN4 TGT Addict

Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    “All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others.”

― George Orwell, Animal Farm

C_Hallbert, karlac, EZ-E and 4 others like this.
  3. Renegade

Renegade SuperOwner

Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    No.

There is a Constitutional Process to override a legislative veto. But the idea Congress has some kind of blanket power to override the President is nonsense.

4. Shady

Shady Well-Known

Aug 24, 2013
    Sure they are as long as they bend it to fit what they want.

5. DoubleDuty

DoubleDuty Active Member

Feb 9, 2019
    DFW
    Man she is bucking for a civil war.

6. easy rider

easy rider Allotropic Transformer TGT Supporter

Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    And she's the less radical one.

Southpaw likes this.
  7. jrbfishn

jrbfishn TGT Addict

Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Yup, getting to the point where there is no more "if". Just what is going to be the trigger and when.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

8. toddnjoyce

toddnjoyce TGT Addict

Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    I agree the rhetoric is getting a little out of hand. The country has been pretty divided on a lot of issues close to a decade now, if not longer.

History tells us grand compromises are in order, recent history leads me to believe political polarization won’t allow that to happen.

What concerns me is media magnification...there doesn’t appear to be an appetite towards closing divide. Politicians pushing binary, my way or the highway agendas are having an outsized effect on the general public.

The silent middle majority is doing a great job of ignoring inflammatory rhetoric, yet we inch closer to extreme views becoming normalized and internalized by more and more Americans. The general public is becoming a greater threat to itself.

9. WT_Foxtrot

WT_Foxtrot Active Member

Jan 23, 2019
    North Texas
    Well said.....and you're right about recent history. It won't happen because everyone has sold out to the extremes. You see politicians opposing Trump at ever turn regardless of what he's done for the US economy, jobs and the middle class. You see a "presidential candidate" (quotes because it's so fucking ridiculous) in his own words threaten using nukes against people who don't toe the line and give up their guns under his supposed administration.

These people, as well as their lemmings in the media, butter their bread and pad their wallets on division and conflict. It's how they survive.

The upside is the silent middle majority you speak of largely sees what's happening in politics and what's happening in real economic life and will make the right decision come election time. They haven't been this well off in over 30 years. That carries some weight.

toddnjoyce likes this.
  10. toddnjoyce

toddnjoyce TGT Addict

Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    I wish the silent middle were more active in the electorate.

I *think* it would lead to greater majority spreads and, in effect, tamper some of the immediate enthusiasm for division.

WT_Foxtrot likes this.