• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DoubleActionCHL

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2008
    Spring, Texas
    And of course, this is for our own safety. Never mind the fact that there is absolutely no evidence that support gun registration reduces crime.

As with everything else, the libs accept these feel-good measures as fact, even though they produce no results. It's all about the "good intentions" from the PR standpoint, and it's all about disarming Americans from the no-so-hidden agenda standpoint.

DCortez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    We don't want to take their guns away. We want them registered. We don’t want them crossing state lines...

Time to get busy writing our legislators. 2010 can't get here fast enough.

dbgun

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Houston, TX.
    I wish Pelosi would get on her broom and fly away...............far,far,far away.

thehemi

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Texas
    How would (or could) a "gun registration" work, per say?
    Obviously on new gun sales, that's easy. But what about
    everyone's inventory? Would they "require" registration on
    a voluntary basis, enforced by criminal statutes if you are
    ever caught with an unregistered firearm? I wonder if you
    would be required to register a firearm that's only used for
    HD and never will leave your place of residence? Probably.

If that ends up being the case, I would recommend getting
    a good firearm of last resort for the "unregistered" safe. :)

tju1973

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    McKinney Texas
    I may become an outlaw, but I will NEVER register what I already have, and I will NEVER give what I have up.

Oh, BTW-- somehow I have no guns-- they seem to have been "lost in the wash"..

Sorry!!

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    How would (or could) a "gun registration" work, per say?
    Obviously on new gun sales, that's easy. But what about
    everyone's inventory? Would they "require" registration on
    a voluntary basis, enforced by criminal statutes if you are
    ever caught with an unregistered firearm? I wonder if you
    would be required to register a firearm that's only used for
    HD and never will leave your place of residence? Probably.

If that ends up being the case, I would recommend getting
    a good firearm of last resort for the "unregistered" safe. :)

You bring up an interesting aspect to it. Registration of already owned guns was done in Canada. It was a huge deal and essentially turned law-abiding gun owners into criminals.

YouTube - Gun Control in Canada

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    It's nice to see more of a pro gun article after so many negative ones lately. I like that they pointed out that the Californian AWB hasn't stopped a thing. ;)

MadMo44Mag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    I guess I'm safe because I own no guns. I own some tools and other mechanical devices, but no guns.
    I have some very unique hammers that allow me to drive nails and such from a distance (safety issue - you never know when a nail will not want to corporate and flay back at you)

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    Pelosi may want registration, but right now, that bill has almost no chance in hell or getting anywhere. There's not even any co-sponsors.

I mentioned this in another thread, but the goofball from Illinois who introduced the bill also has a bill to make telephone service for prison inmates more affordable and convenient.

GM.Chief

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    Guns? What guns?

Why do you think it's call Texas Gun TALK?

;)

Jeff B.

Are ya'll saying that normal hardworking honest americans can own guns in the first place? Hmmmm...I never realized that...weird. I mean, why would anybody want a gun...guns are just for criminals, right? That's why cops in Los Angeles aren't allowed to use theirs, because guns are bad...nope, no guns here...If there were some guns, I think my dogs ate 'em along with my kids homework.

DCortez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    From an NRA email:

Friday, April 10, 2009

In February, Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) rightly rejected Attorney General Eric Holder's call for renewing the so-called "assault weapons" ban, which expired in 2004 after Congress refused to renew it.
    However, on Tuesday, on ABC's "Good Morning America," Pelosi said, "we [members of Congress] have to find some level of compromise" on guns. She noted that the Supreme Court, in District of Columbia v. Heller, ruled that the Second Amendment protects an individual right to guns. But, she said, "We want them registered."

Pelosi also used the word "draconian" to describe legislation before Congress to reform D.C.'s gun laws. Apparently referring to the provision of that legislation that would permit residents of D.C. to buy handguns in Maryland and Virginia, Pelosi added, "we don't want them crossing state lines."

Pelosi's objection to exempting D.C. residents from the Gun Control Act's ban on sales of handguns (even by dealers) between residents of different states is misplaced, not only because there is only one handgun dealer in the District, but because the National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS) has rendered the interstate sales ban pointless and unnecessary. A D.C. resident buying a handgun will be subject to the same instant background check, regardless of where the sale occurs.

Pelosi objected to the fact that disagreement over the D.C. gun legislation is preventing a vote on legislation to give the District a voting member in the House. To say the least, we regret that the Speaker of the House believes it more important to give the D.C. Delegate a vote on the House floor than to protect D.C.'s law-abiding residents' right to defend themselves from criminals.

Meanwhile, Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.), the Senate sponsor of the now-expired federal "assault weapons" ban, said on a CBS "60 Minutes" program to be aired on Sunday that she is only temporarily holding off on introducing legislation to reinstate the ban. "I'll pick the time and place. No question about it," Feinstein said.

Canuck223

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Our registration system is a joke. How would yours be any better? What would she suggest, an NFA type registry? How else would she apply such a law to all 50 states?

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Our registration system is a joke. How would yours be any better? What would she suggest, an NFA type registry? How else would she apply such a law to all 50 states?

I'd gather that instead of registration of individual firearms it would be much more far-reaching and easier to implement a FOID system as is already done in some states (as if its necessary anyway since 4473s are done at every purchase from an FFL :rolleyes:). If we can't stop the objects from floating around, slow down the customers and make the process as costly and/or time prohibitive as possible to deter purchase attempts. That's the way around 2A instead of completely smashing against it. Politicians find it much easier to deflect these indirect actions rather than blatant direct.

Of course indirect and direct actions against the 2A are equal in the eyes of progun folks. But its easier to fool the general gun-ignorant masses with these "reasonable measures".

Top Bottom