People and their kids

Discussion in 'Rants and Raves' started by Wraith, Dec 6, 2009.

1. Wraith

Wraith Active Member

Oct 17, 2009
    DFW
    The wife and I went out for lunch yesterday at Pei Wei. We order, get our drinks, and walk by a couple with their two young boys and girl. First off the dad kept saying "Stop it, stop it", loud enough the whole place could hear it. We look over and the younger of the two boys has rice and food everywhere, on the chair, all over the table, the floor, on him, everywhere. Few more minutes and "Stop it, stop it", the kid has rice all over his hands, he's been playing in his food, the table looks like a chinese food bomb went off. A few more "Stop it's" then mom decides to take both boys to the restroom to clean them up. When they come out dad says "Hey buddy how you doing?" all happy like. They proceed to pack up to leave and are gone, we turn around and see that the older boy had been eating Wendy's. What was strange was the young girl was quite and didn't say a peep the whole time while the two boys terrorized the place.

When in the hell did kids start getting to do whatever they want? First off I would never have thought about doing that when I was young, at home or anywhere, and if i had I would have had an ass beating I would have remembered for years.

Now we don't have kids, but I find that irrelevant because behavior like that in public is in-excusable.

:332:

2. 1rightguy

1rightguy Active Member

Mar 25, 2009
    I don't have kids either and I have zero patience for bad behavior in public. Leave them at home or take them to McDonalds or Chuck E Cheeses.

3. BT1911

BT1911 Member

Mar 9, 2008
    USA
    To quote the late John Lennon...

"Children are to be obscene and not heard"

It's not the kids' fault. One thing I can't stomach is doting parents...

4. Wraith

Wraith Active Member

Oct 17, 2009
    DFW
    :hammerhead: :rofl:

No, isn't the kids fault one bit, it is the parent's and society's fault for making parents the devil for disciplining your kids. Actions have consequences, i.e. an ass beating, this fluffly, political correct time-out bullshit doesn't work.

When will parents figure out, You can't reason with children! Their minds do not work like that! You tell them what to do and when to do it, it's the only way to keep them under control, you are the parent and the one that's in charge, not them!

:hammerhead:

5. carver

carver New Member

Dec 5, 2009
    Waskom
    Teach your children in the way in which they should go, and when they are grown, they shall not depart from it. Simple isn't it?

6. txinvestigator

txinvestigator TGT Addict

May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    It used to aggravate me too, then I started just worrying about my family and thise other things that I can actually control.

7. Wraith

Wraith Active Member

Oct 17, 2009
    DFW
    I don't worry about it, I dread the repurcussions if this is the way of the world. I also hate it when I can't pay for a meal somewhere and enjoy it too. That particular restaraunt is on the no fly list for me from now on.
    I do find that the older I get the less I enjoy being around the masses. Of course this is all amplified by the fact that it's Christmas, wait, Shoppingmas and people are extra rude to their fellow man so they can buy shit to show others how much they love them in Jesus name.

8. Hawghauler

Hawghauler Active Member

Oct 5, 2009
    Idaho
    The kids are in control not the parents. Sadly that is all too common.

9. oldguy

oldguy Well-Known

Mar 6, 2008
    Lack of discipline in home and schools,single parent household where both feel guilty and/or feel nothing at all,mom & dad both working 40-60 per week to buy junk from china and spend little or no time with kids teaching values, honor,respect, not a winning combination.:(

10. MadMo44Mag

MadMo44Mag TGT Addict

Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth

+1 - stolen from DCOrtez!