• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • okie556

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Longview, TX
    My wife and I raised our son to stay seated and eat when he was very young and he did the same with his daughter. No hollering or threating at table.......first wrong move just calmly took him outside......wore his butt out and when he stopped crying and cleared his face.....back to the table. It really wasn't that hard and We were never ashamed to go eat at a nice place. My wife and I are amazed almost daily at the way parents let kids act in public places. Bill Cosby had a great line about when he was kid growing up you had to behave because any grown up was allowed to whip a kids butt back then!!

TrailDust

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Kalifornication
    My wife and I raised our son to stay seated and eat when he was very young and he did the same with his daughter. No hollering or threating at table.......first wrong move just calmly took him outside......wore his butt out and when he stopped crying and cleared his face.....back to the table. It really wasn't that hard and We were never ashamed to go eat at a nice place. My wife and I are amazed almost daily at the way parents let kids act in public places. Bill Cosby had a great line about when he was kid growing up you had to behave because any grown up was allowed to whip a kids butt back then!!

I remember those days when a kid acting up in public ran the risk not only of a spanking, but a bare-assed spanking (the ultimate humiliation for a kid), in public in broad daylight. How many felonies would one be committing today if they did that? We can all thank the social engineers for changing our society for the worse.

Top Bottom