• ...and so much more!
  • seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    From everything I’ve read about this shooting:
    1) the “gun wrangler” was not allowed within the filming space where the shooting took place.
    2) the “gun wrangler’s gun cart“ was not allowed within the filming space where the shooting took place.
    3) an Assistant Director picked up a pistol from the “gun wrangler’s cart”.
    4) it has not yet been reported whether “the gun wrangler“ was present, or whether “the gun wrangler“ approved, when the Assistant Director picked up a pistol, from a number of pistols, from the “gun wrangler’s gun cart”.
    5) it has not been reported whether this Assistant Director was approved as a “second gun wrangler” for this movie location either before or after workers walked off the filming site over wage and safety disputes.
    6) this Assistant Director was the individual who announced “cold gun” as he presented the pistol to Baldwin.
    7) their is zero reporting, including Baldwin’s statements, that Baldwin inspected the “reportedly cold gun” before he initiated his personal sequence of actions that resulted in his lethally firing the pistol.
    8) historically a “prop gun” is a “range of firearms/weapons owned by “the movie/show industry” solely for the purpose of use within movie/show production. The “prop guns” are lethal firearms ranging from muzzle-loading-single-shot-pistols to modern-military personne, aircraft, and shipboard weapons of all varieties.
    9) while it is possible that “the movie/show industry“ does currently utilize rubber or plastic “non-firearm firearms“ in some production situations, there are zero reports of “non-firearm firearms” being physically present at the filming location or more specifically located on the “gun wrangle’s gun cart”.

The how and why the lethally loaded pistol was residing upon the “gun wrangler’s gun cart” outside the filming space has not been reported.

So far the two fully-negligent-individuals within this situation are Baldwin and the Assistant Director as neither inspected the “prop gun” to assure that it could be safely utilized within the filming location without the opportunity for a lethal consequence.

From my perspective both individuals should be criminally charged for their negligent actions that resulted in the shooting death of one individual and the wounding of a second. Other individuals can be charged and/or more severe charges can be levied as the sheriff’s office investigation dictate.

Yes I understand about “assumptions“. That said, the two above paragraphs are inline with the real world; a) comports with statements from the sheriff office, the Assistant Director, and Baldwin himself. And
    b) is what, at a minimum, any of us would be charged.

My comments are predicated upon information available as of 9:00 AM CDST…
    Agreed, but I doubt anyone will face criminal charges....and I'm okay with that. But I definitely see a litany of lawsuits against Baldwin the Actor and Baldwin the Producer for the egregious safety lapses. And I won't consider justice to be truly done until Baldwin loses his SAG membership.

Sent from my SM-G715A using Tapatalk
    Gun Zone Deals

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Lots of legal risk in any business with an 'accident':
    No safety rules - problem.
    Violate your own rules - big problem.

Simple fact is, he pointed the weapon at another human being and pulled the trigger. That's responsibility he bears. Also, the assistant director handing him the weapon and telling him (without checking) that it was safe, and the armorer not keeping live ammunition off the set, allowing crew members to target shoot with prop weapons, and not verifying the state of any weapon brought out for filming.

That's three people right there who are (in my opinion) culpable for negligent homicide.

Aus_Schwaben

First to know - Last to care!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 31, 2019
    Abilene, TX
    Now Baldwin's wife is comparing Baldwin to soldiers and police who are involved in shootings developing PTSD. Shooting someone because you did not check the firearm you using is entirely different. Are people from Hollywood even from this planet?

Chuckles

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 4, 2021
    Fort Worth
    Now Baldwin's wife is comparing Baldwin to soldiers and police who are involved in shootings developing PTSD. Shooting someone because you did not check the firearm you using is entirely different. Are people from Hollywood even from this planet?

I’m shocked at the levels of hypocrisy and stupidity.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas

Maybe going as far as stating his issue being likened to soldiers or LE officers, might be a bit pushing the envelope IMO.

But, unless Baldwin is a stone-cold killer with ice-water for blood, I seriously doubt he has escaped any this without some emotional issues and depression.

Yes, IMO, he's responsible for the death and the injury to two people. That doesn't mean he doesn't feel bad and sorry for what happened. I seriously doubt Alec Baldwin got up that morning and while having his coffee, thought to himself, "I wonder if I can shoot and kill someone today, make it look like an accident and get away with murder."

I can say, based upon my own perceptions of AB, he and I would probably not be very friendly. But some here are letting their own hatred of the man to influence their opinions about him, as if he's a cold-hearted killer that has no emotions, or feelings. Sorry, but that's pretty sad and rather pathetic.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen

His problem isn't PTSD. It's his conscience. He is realizing he did something careless and stupid that he has belittled others for doing. And maybe a little shame. But i doubt that part.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

ArmyDub

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 12, 2020
    Texas
    according to the way movie companies function - the actor doesn’t need to check or clear their weapon

BUT they are expected not to flag anyone, adhere to all direction and return the weapon the instant the sequence is cut.

Alec Baldwin the Producer I cannot see defending.

Last edited:

Tcruse

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    Corinth
    Despite his politics I'll defend him and anyone to the extent I dont think it was intetional and as someone with little or no firearms knowledge or training he had hired an "EXPERT" to tell him what to do and how to do it.

He can't be expected to know a prop gun was going to fire a seemingly live round. He may not have even known if it was live, dummy or a blank if he had checked (and how do we know he didn't?). The Master of Arms bears the brunt of the responsibility IMO.

Sent from your mom's house using Tapatalk
    Sorry, but no one should handle a firearm with out using the basic safety rules, no exceptions. He should not be required to be an expert, but at least the level to expected of a new day 1 student.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    …But, unless Baldwin is a stone-cold killer with ice-water for blood, I seriously doubt he has escaped any this without some emotional issues and depression….

You don’t have to be a stone-cold killer to a soldier and not have PTSD when you help the enemy meet their maker.

In this instance, he needs to follow the 12 steps, because that dumb fûck has been in complete denial of his responsibility in this happened.

By the same token, one can be remorseful for their actions at ‘work’ resulting in the death of another and not have a lick of PTSD.

They can sell their pity party elsewhere, I’m not buying it.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Despite his politics I'll defend him and anyone to the extent I dont think it was intetional and as someone with little or no firearms knowledge or training he had hired an "EXPERT" to tell him what to do and how to do it.

He can't be expected to know a prop gun was going to fire a seemingly live round. He may not have even known if it was live, dummy or a blank if he had checked (and how do we know he didn't?). The Master of Arms bears the brunt of the responsibility IMO.

No he did not hire an expert. There were no firearms experts on the set. If there were, this incident likely would not have happened. They managed to do the opposite of hiring an firearm expert, they hired 2 of the most incompetent firearm failures in the industry. I challenge anyone to find 2 people with more firearms incompetence in prior films than Reed and Halls. Anyone?

In addition, there is no "not my fault, I hired an expert" exemption in any state law I know. This is a phony manufactured excuse. No expert would use a live gun for a scene that does not require it. Oh wait, I already pointed out there were no experts on the set...

After Hexum & Lee, every actor in SAG should know a prop gun can kill, even if it does not expel a round, so you NEVER point a gun at people, much less pull trigger.

Last edited:

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Sorry, but no one should handle a firearm with out using the basic safety rules, no exceptions. He should not be required to be an expert, but at least the level to expected of a new day 1 student.
    Who's basic safety rules? Mine? yours? Movie industry "standards" which seem to be all over the place?

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Who's basic safety rules? Mine? yours? Movie industry "standards" which seem to be all over the place?

This is something you and I agree on in this investigation. I do believe if the agreed upon safety plan (one was filed with insurers) was not followed and given it’s likely there were previous negligent discharges (misfires) of some sort on set, then the last part of NM statute on Involuntary Manslaughter starts to look like it’s in play by meeting the element of lawful act without due caution and circumspection.

I also believe that while the elements may be met it’s unlikely there will be criminal charges.

or.slacker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2018
    US
    So if I knowingly have three rounds leave my property while shooting, and the 4th one kills someone, I'd be in prison for negligence.

At my job, the first incident is a safety stop to the crew. The second repeated safety incident is a company wide stand down, and someone might be fired. The third repeated incident doesn't happen or the whole crew is gone.

If AB the producer didn't respond to each AD incident, he is negligent and needs to goto prison. As an actor on set he is not responsible, but was aware of the issues.

Top Bottom