• jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    I agree with Charlie.
    Here is the bottom line. Actor or not, movie be damned. I don't care who hired who for what. We have all watched videos, or read articles, about some dumbass that picks up or is handed n "unloaded" gun and shot someone or something and applauded the fact they are charged with manslaughter.
    Why should he be any different?
    Would anyone feel any different if he was at a range, someone handed him an gun and said it was unloaded and he pointed it at you and pulled the trigger? What about at your home? Anyone else at any other time or place?
    As much as they say they train for roles and can't learn and remember the 4 simple rules of handling a real gun????
    BULLSHIT!!!

If it is a real gun, it is dangerous at any time, by any one and at any place. PERIOD.
    If you pick it up, you are responsible for what happens with it.
    The very first thing I was tought by my Pop, anytime you pick up a real gun, there is ALWAYS the possibility that someone or something can die. ALWAYS.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    Gun Zone Deals

ronbwolf

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2016
    I'll also guess that since he is a Hollywood anti-gun liberal, that he's automatically guilty. Please disregard that part of the Constitution that says "innocent, until proven guilty..." !
    Where?

Not that it does not exist, but wrong document.

And like I said above, don't think for a minute that AB would not use his bully pulpit to call for the head of any gun owner who did what he did!

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

BBL

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 8, 2021
    TX
    Those who defend AB bend the words into "unfortunate incident" or "gun tragedy".
    How about "mass shooting"? He shot more than 1 person.
    j/k
    But seriously, why not "killing" or "shooting death"? What would they call it if a conservative had pulled the trigger?

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    There is massive liability there. Criminal culpability? If he didnt follow rules then there could be some negligence but does it rise to reckless?

Hes a pos for sure. We love to pile on cause hes a mouthy talk out his ass phuktard who all of the sudden is a hypocrite of the first order.

Some one died, and just like we all preach for that to happen more than one rule was broken, she is still dead and a family destroyed. I hope, short of criminal reckoning, he does the right thing and at th he very least takes care of the loss of income for life and not hide behind a soon to be bankrupt production company.

I think too many people were involved in the chain of failures to hold one person criminally liable. Sadly, that's they way its played out before so it probably will again.

tonelar

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 9, 2009
    El Paso
    Despite his politics I'll defend him and anyone to the extent I dont think it was intetional and as someone with little or no firearms knowledge or training he had hired an "EXPERT" to tell him what to do and how to do it.

He can't be expected to know a prop gun was going to fire a seemingly live round. He may not have even known if it was live, dummy or a blank if he had checked (and how do we know he didn't?). The Master of Arms bears the brunt of the responsibility IMO.

Sent from your mom's house using Tapatalk

“cold gun” is either empty or loaded with dummy rounds. checking is a simple matter of dry firing it into the ground. on a set, each pair of hands confirms weapon status upon receiving it (prior to passing it on).

in the late 80s-early 90s i worked in the movie business. my bosses were camera operators and directors of photography. one of the biggest changes came about after Brandon Lee’s death. No one pointed even a rubber gun at anyone else.

If the story boards called for a gun pointing into the lens, we either locked off the camera (operating it remotely) or used a mirror at 90 degrees (so the gun isn’t pointing near any crew members.

Last edited:

bbbass

Looking Up!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2020
    NE Orygun
    He was practicing his quick draw.

Is the edit possible as well?

I think so!

What is the excuse for practicing a cross draw and not only sweeping Hutchins and Sousa, but actually pulling the trigger??? If practicing, he would be doing it repeatedly.

This not only violates all common safety rules, which Hollyweird often does, but also violates current film industry safety standards/protocols.

I normally don't like to see people prosecuted for "accidents". But this was so over the top reckless.

My take, and I didn't sleep at a Holiday Express last night, is criminal negligence on the part of a number of people there... but especially the person that was negligently practicing his cross draw with no regard for standard industry safety protocols. Civilly, there is plenty of liability to go around.

This movie will prob win a number of awards, and AB will get an Oscar cuz he's a victim of the evil gun and "they" feel sorry for him.

tonelar

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 9, 2009
    El Paso
    as they weren’t filming yet, the gun was cold… i’d imagine if he were a better shot, he would have hit the camera itself.

Baldwin & the three at the camera were a fair distance appart (i base this guess on the director having heard the bullet prior to the report*)

*Souza was looking over Hutchins' shoulder when he heard what “sounded like a whip and then loud pop," according to the affidavit.

capoward

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2019
    China Spring, TX
    From everything I’ve read about this shooting:
    1) the “gun wrangler” was not allowed within the filming space where the shooting took place.
    2) the “gun wrangler’s gun cart“ was not allowed within the filming space where the shooting took place.
    3) an Assistant Director picked up a pistol from the “gun wrangler’s cart”.
    4) it has not yet been reported whether “the gun wrangler“ was present, or whether “the gun wrangler“ approved, when the Assistant Director picked up a pistol, from a number of pistols, from the “gun wrangler’s gun cart”.
    5) it has not been reported whether this Assistant Director was approved as a “second gun wrangler” for this movie location either before or after workers walked off the filming site over wage and safety disputes.
    6) this Assistant Director was the individual who announced “cold gun” as he presented the pistol to Baldwin.
    7) their is zero reporting, including Baldwin’s statements, that Baldwin inspected the “reportedly cold gun” before he initiated his personal sequence of actions that resulted in his lethally firing the pistol.
    8) historically a “prop gun” is a “range of firearms/weapons owned by “the movie/show industry” solely for the purpose of use within movie/show production. The “prop guns” are lethal firearms ranging from muzzle-loading-single-shot-pistols to modern-military personne, aircraft, and shipboard weapons of all varieties.
    9) while it is possible that “the movie/show industry“ does currently utilize rubber or plastic “non-firearm firearms“ in some production situations, there are zero reports of “non-firearm firearms” being physically present at the filming location or more specifically located on the “gun wrangle’s gun cart”.

The how and why the lethally loaded pistol was residing upon the “gun wrangler’s gun cart” outside the filming space has not been reported.

So far the two fully-negligent-individuals within this situation are Baldwin and the Assistant Director as neither inspected the “prop gun” to assure that it could be safely utilized within the filming location without the opportunity for a lethal consequence.

From my perspective both individuals should be criminally charged for their negligent actions that resulted in the shooting death of one individual and the wounding of a second. Other individuals can be charged and/or more severe charges can be levied as the sheriff’s office investigation dictate.

Yes I understand about “assumptions“. That said, the two above paragraphs are inline with the real world; a) comports with statements from the sheriff office, the Assistant Director, and Baldwin himself. And
    b) is what, at a minimum, any of us would be charged.

My comments are predicated upon information available as of 9:00 AM CDST…

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Perhaps the use of many real guns was to avoid long-term rentals of modified and prop guns since the production had a very low budget
    I've been astonished at the rental rates for movie props. I've seen rubber guns for background use rented for a rate that, over the course of a shoot, would pay for them many times over. OTOH, I've seen some really, really expensive background set decoration (I'm talking things like $200K+ turntables.) that I always wondered where they wound up. I know that props aren't stolen, willy-nilly and by everyone, the way they once were but I'm still left wondering. The amount of waste seems staggering to me.

No wonder movies are so expensive to make.

BBL

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 8, 2021
    TX
    I've been astonished at the rental rates for movie props. I've seen rubber guns for background use rented for a rate that, over the course of a shoot, would pay for them many times over. OTOH, I've seen some really, really expensive background set decoration (I'm talking things like $200K+ turntables.) that I always wondered where they wound up. I know that props aren't stolen, willy-nilly and by everyone, the way they once were but I'm still left wondering. The amount of waste seems staggering to me.

No wonder movies are so expensive to make.
    Nothing but leftist union "economy".
    Why make smart moves and save money when it is not their money and someone's cousin can line their pocket for doing literally nothing?
    A friend of mine employed as a stage hand (builds movie sets) left Texas for Commiefornia a few years ago. I could not comprehend why. When he explained to me the unbelievable difference in wealth in the Commiefornian movie industry, I actually did not believe him. He makes multiple times what I make with my college education (no, I did not graduate in gender studies) and he barely finished high school. (I am not jealous, merely providing facts for comparison)

So I can absolutely believe that renting an item for more than it costs to buy it outright is still a "good" choice in Hollywood. It makes no sense to us smart people but it makes sense to someone who gets rich off of the scam. :)

DoubleDuty

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2019
    DFW
    Nothing but leftist union "economy".
    Why make smart moves and save money when it is not their money and someone's cousin can line their pocket for doing literally nothing?
    A friend of mine employed as a stage hand (builds movie sets) left Texas for Commiefornia a few years ago. I could not comprehend why. When he explained to me the unbelievable difference in wealth in the Commiefornian movie industry, I actually did not believe him. He makes multiple times what I make with my college education (no, I did not graduate in gender studies) and he barely finished high school. (I am not jealous, merely providing facts for comparison)

So I can absolutely believe that renting an item for more than it costs to buy it outright is still a "good" choice in Hollywood. It makes no sense to us smart people but it makes sense to someone who gets rich off of the scam. :)
    And it costs 3 times as much to live there.

Top Bottom