Hurley's Gold

People hate Obastard because the South lost the Civil War?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AcidFlashGordon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Are you s##tting me? Just where do these stupid asswipe idiots crawl out from under?????

Chris Matthews - PMSNBC

After showing a photo of a lone protester with a single Confederate battle flag at Sunday's Million Vet March in Washington, Matthews argued that “there’s a piece of this thing from the beginning, this hatred of Obama. It’s not specifically racial — it’s also regional, it’s historic, you hear people refer to ‘the cause.’”

He also claimed that that opposition to Obama carried a “redolent attitude of: we got screwed in the war, we didn’t have enough guns and railroad cars, or whatever, and were coming back to fight the big fight now.”

Using a graphic that read, "Party like it's 1861," Matthews asked Stein why protesters like the Confederate flag bearer wanted to “re-create that emotion that led us to the horrible Civil War…Why do they want it again?”
    Military Camp

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    They have nothing else to counter that protest with. They can't just come out and call these vets a bunch of loons like they do with the tea party, so they are going to focus on the ONE guy with the ONE flag and ram it down the throats of their audience.

And it seems that popular history just wants to paint the confederate flag as a symbol of pro slavery, so if that's the case, they should also be labeling the Democratic party the same way. Correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't the Democratic party by and large pro-slavery?

AcidFlashGordon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    And it seems that popular history just wants to paint the confederate flag as a symbol of pro slavery, so if that's the case, they should also be labeling the Democratic party the same way. Correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't the Democratic party by and large pro-slavery?

Bingo! Up until, basically, the Johnson presidency, the Damnocrats spent all their time making damn sure that slavery was "The Law Of The Land." They voted en masse against EVERY anti-slavery, pro-black bill put forth in Congress....bills submitted/proposed BY the Republican Party. If ANY party could be called "racist," it would be the Democrat Party, if for nothing else than their entire history until the early 60s.

oldguy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Take from someone who has lived there, the majority of east coast elitist liberals have a huge dislike/disrespect for anyone from the south but I guess the feeling is mutual.:)

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Take from someone who has lived there, the majority of east coast elitist liberals have a huge dislike/disrespect for anyone from the south but I guess the feeling is mutual.:)

If I ever go there I will be sure to wear my TGT shirt every day.

As to the article, it's already been said. They have nothing to argue and aren't willing to admit that normal people don't want their shit but they can't let any of the half sane, although mislead, sheeple know that normal people disagree with this debacle the gov has created so they paint anyone who speaks against it as a racist.

There are some who are hung up on things like racism and the civil war, but typically those are not the ones the dems accuse of it. They attack the middle and upper class with those accusations because we are the ones who are pushing back against them the most. Even in the lower income class the number of racists are pretty small but they are easy for the dems to cast asside as they are generally not well spoken. It's hard for them to argue with an educated person in a suite because he can more often form his ideas and express them very clearly.

I'm surprised they haven't started throwing up a picture of a rebel flag or some KKK members behind a pic of Ted Cruz every time he makes the news.

cbigclarke

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    cypress
    They have nothing else to counter that protest with. They can't just come out and call these vets a bunch of loons like they do with the tea party, so they are going to focus on the ONE guy with the ONE flag and ram it down the throats of their audience.

Don Lemon, Ben Ferguson Erupt Over 'Million Vet March': 'Aren't You Embarrassed for Your Party?' - YouTube

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    I do wish people would stop showing up with Confederate flags for stuff like this - it gives the left ammo to use (even if it's ONE GUY out of 3000 protesters) and really, an old-school Democrat symbol like that doesn't belong at a conservative rally...

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I try not to hate anyone as Karma will bring it back to you sooner or later. I dislike Obama because he is the biggest wrecking ball the US has ever had to contend with. Our sworn enemies could have not done a better job in destroying our nation. Obama's disrespect of our Constitution, Bill of Rights and system of government with three separate but equal branches will go down in history as the most destructive leadership we have ever had.

His treatment of our service men & women is disgraceful. He pins medals on some and screws the rest out of their guaranteed benefits and medical treatment.

He is spending us into an impossible debt. As I recall, he is directly responsible for 7 Trillion Dollars of our national debt. To illustrate the level of our debt, The US holds $340 BILLION Dollars of gold. If we sold ALL Of that gold, it wouldn't even scratch the national debt! Perhaps, we could sell some worthless properties like New York, New Jersey, California and Illinois to China to get out of debt!

That's about it. That's why I dislike Obama. No mention of the Civil War, here.

Flash

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    I hate LBJ and he is from Texas. Matter of fact he is still polluting the water next to his hole in the ground. Hope this don't mean I have to move north, I don't own a heavy coat. I don't think much of Puke Perry either. He is going to make us look bad while he runs for President. I detest John Cornyn the RINO hypocrite of the Senate. Thanks for the rant space.

stanjones

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2013
    South Austin
    Liberals love to find reasons to label others "intolerant" (they espescially love to label others as "racist")...ironically, they are completely intolerant of anyone who may hold differing views than them. Just one more aspect of their ideology that is hypocritical.

Top Bottom