Join TexasGunTalk

People seeking justice for George Floyd death steal from stores, commit arson

Discussion in 'News Articles' started by oldag, May 28, 2020.

1. dennisz

dennisz Active Member

Did y’all notice the news has been all about the riots and the murder, political stuff has been taking a back seat, is this a distraction like a good shooting?

Axxe55 and seeker_two like this.
  2. candcallen

candcallen Purveyor of Snark Humor and Truth.

Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    A quick word of advice. Dont be afraid to tell fellow officers "that's enough its over" or the like. Taking care of each other includes not letting happen what you saw on video.

Adrenalin and stress will blunt coming down and clearing your head after an incident just like it will your reaction time and decision making during an incident. The officers who watched this incident will be treated like any felony murder subject who may not have done the killing but were involved in the crime.

Regarding the incident,
    I dont think anyone in that profession will tell you what happened was ok. It's not.

It was IMHO at least 2nd degree murder.

All the way back to the late 80s, a knee in the upper back was ok till you cuff someone. A knee on the head in extreme circumstances but you had to keep your weight loaded on the leg on the ground and light on the head. Again only till cuffed. Then hands on the shoulders if needed or hobble if needed. As a use of force instructor I taught no choke holds. You could control the head during a struggle but there were no legal choke holds i.e. intended to subdue thru unconsciousness. As far as I know most police and corrections departments are the same now days.

After I quit working they started teaching the rescue position, i.e. sitting them up once cuffed and not struggling. It helps the individual breathe and ensures no one stayes on their torso. This is because even though the chest is strong you still compress the heart and limit breathing and can kill someone.

Again this was murder.

Another question is why go thru all this over the crime alleged and the fact he wouldn't have gone to jail because of the pandemic? Also the guy clearly wasn't resisting after cuffed or before. If reports are true that they knew each other thru working at a bar I'm guessing the victim said something that pissed off the officer. If the officer cant handle such things without losing perspective and control he should not be a police officer.

Rioters and looters are criminal trash. No different than police officers who over step their authority. The mayor is a disgrace as is the police chief but the prize for biggest phuktard of the day goes to the official, DA I believe, who insinuated, or at best poorly chose his words to make it sound like, there was other evidence that would keep him from charging the officer and that it could clear the officer. His one sentence served to light the match on the second night of riots.

People get the government they deserve. Elect a ***** guilt ridden mayor and this is what happens. Same shit as happened in Baltimore where they retreat and allow the professional agitators along with local thugs and criminals to destroy the neighborhood. Then the people that actually live there won't have stores and resources for every day needs and downward it spirals into a shit hole.

The protesters are correct, if that happened to a police officer the perp would be dead or immediately arrested. The incident was horrific. Unacceptable. Just as the riots and looting it.

3. smittyb

smittyb Well-Known

Nov 12, 2009
    Cut N Shoot
    You haven’t watched the 7 min video, have you?

Jakashh likes this.
  4. popsgarland

popsgarland MEMBER

Aug 24, 2011
    Garland, Texas
    From what I've read, the killer, has had several, 10 I believe, complaints filed against him over the past few years and no action was taken on any of them, well, maybe a slap on the hand or a slap on the back with a well done.

Talking with my son-in-law, who is a LT with a local PD, one complaint is 1 to many. But, if this had been one of his men, they would have fired and arrested the same day.

Every PD has some bad apples but this is way out of line.

seeker_two likes this.
  5. baboon

baboon TGT Addict

ZX9RCAM and TxStetson like this.
  6. Whistler

Whistler Well-Known TGT Supporter

Jan 28, 2014
    Northeast Texas
    So Joy-Ann M. Lomena-Reid thinks a peaceful protest is the same as a riot and that race is the sole reason for the different reactions from LEO. Interesting how Leftie's minds work. Even Charlottesville (and I hate neo-Nazis) they had a permit to conduct a (mostly) peaceful protest and were violently attacked by 'social justice warriors', in their mind the ends justify the means.

Don Lemon and Chris Cuomo assert only whites are at fault and only whites can be racist "it is not incumbent on black people to stop racism" Eddie Glaude claims looting and destruction is "understandably lashing out" while the Police take no action at all.

So long as the political left, the media and others who profit from fear mongering and violence continued unchecked there can be no resolution. The vast majority of Americans have no racist agenda whatsoever, stop giving a voice to antagonists.

Arrest/punish the thugs masquerading as police and just like mass shooters blame the perpetrator, not some faceless group agitators claim at fault or worse, imaginary systemic behavior. Make the distinction that a bad guy who happened to be Caucasian is at fault, he's a bad guy, they come in all colors.

7. Shady

Shady TGT Addict

Aug 24, 2013

I have watched the vid and its still America where you are innocent till proven guilty.

EVERY one has the right to a day in court.

Oh I know lets arrest them and try them without all the evidence so they walk. Very good idea.

As far as complaints

Its a crooks job to complain against the arresting officer just because they can. So most past complaints the officers are found for lack of better term not guilty.

What happened is horrible and from what we have seen it looks cut and paste throw the jerk in jail for life. But we are not privileged to all the evidence yet.

8. candcallen

candcallen Purveyor of Snark Humor and Truth.

Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    The standard for arrest isnt innocent unless proven guilty. There was probable cause for an arrest at least as soon as the video was seen and certainly as soon as their reports were found to be bald faced lies. The two together are probable cause for arrest for more than just murder.

There is no excuse for not arresting them at this point.

And technicalities deriving from an arrest that result in a charge being voided or case tossed a extremely few, rarely occure, and completely known by all academy grads.

No excuse at this point for not arresting these thugs.

9. toddnjoyce

toddnjoyce TGT Addict

Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    I’ve followed this on the periphery, and want to take a step back for a moment. The actions of one LEO resulted in the death of a citizen, and the actions of the others present aided and/or abetted that death.

That citizen was accused of a crime, but not yet adjudicated.

In response, riots and looting have ensued over the last 48 hours. The state police arrested (not detained, arrested) an entire credentialed CNN crew during a live report near the burning police station for not moving fast enough, despite being plainly asking where the state police wanted him and his news crew to relocate to.

The governor has deployed the National Guard to hospitals and grocery stores as a protective measure.

Very, very few people wake up and decide today is the day I’m going to kill someone while doing my job. Even fewer expect if it occurs, this will be the result. By the same token, a similarly low percentage wake up and say “Pooh, today is the day we burn this motherfucker down, ” and then actually do it.

When those two things are the outcome of the same event, there’s probably a lot more to the underlying stories than those of us who don’t live there can even begin to understand.

What I do know is that when LEOs openly and brazenly arrest credentialed news crews live on TV for what appears to be no real, legitimate reason, there is something wrong at the core of the executive branch and their view of the subjects.

jordanmills, Axxe55, rotor and 2 others like this.
  10. Shady

Shady TGT Addict

Aug 24, 2013
    Sure they can arrest them and then when they get let out on bail or own rec because of lack of evidence do you think that is going to make the situation better ?

The cops involved are not a threat now that the badge has been removed from them

Let justice do its thing