• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AKMike

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    I hate that you can't trust what people say anymore.

Don't tell me a job will take two weeks I come back two weeks later to check because I haven't heard anything, and you tell me it'll be a few more weeks before you even get to it. Is that normal for smith work?

Anyone have a tool to rivet AKs somewhere close to me? Just need to replace the trunnion. That's usually what gets me to try doing stuff, get mad and decide eff it I'll do it myself

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    It should not happen with any business! When I was in business (general contractor) I always figured my job time carefully and if it was questionable, I added an appropriate amount of time before I told the client. When this subject comes up about gunsmiths, I always hear about their idiosyncrasies regarding their time schedules, costs, attitudes, etc. and we as consumers should just overlook these things because they have a "special" talent. I very much disagree. I can overlook their attitude/personality issues as long as they get the job done correctly, complete it when they say they will and charge what they quote.

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    Gunsmith or not, that is simply intolerable for me. Like Charlie, when I had my business, freelance designer and draftsman, if I told a client they would have drawings in hand on X day by X time, they had them. Period. And at not a dime more than I quoted.

I understand some things do happen. Like a tornado or an earthquake or the occasional bolt of lightning from Zuess but, beyond those, unless you, the person promising to deliver, are dead, there's really no reason not to deliver your work on time and as promised.

Top Bottom