• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    Is Pep Boys above or below Autozone on the list? I'm partial to Advanced & O'Reilly's.

Pepboys is/was above Autozoo. I'm acutally not sure what is below autozoo when it comes to parts.

Advance (carquest) is good if you take the time to buy it online first. There's always a 20% off coupon on the web if you buy online, then drive to the store and pick it up.

That's completely opposite of the way gas stations used to operate with selling cheap gas thinking you'd come inside the store and make impulse purchases when there where the real profit items are.

I usually buy more stuff when I wonder around the store first, but if Advance wants to give me a discount for reserving it online and then picking it up, I'll continue to do that.
    DK Firearms

avvidclif

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 30, 2017
    Van Zandt County
    If it's not parts I need yesterday I order from Rock Auto. I ordered radiator hoses & cap for my old PU on Sun and they arrived Wed. Total with tax and shipping $42.91. O'Reilly for the same 2 hoses (Gates) , no cap and before tax $63.98

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    If it's not parts I need yesterday I order from Rock Auto. I ordered radiator hoses & cap for my old PU on Sun and they arrived Wed. Total with tax and shipping $42.91. O'Reilly for the same 2 hoses (Gates) , no cap and before tax $63.98

Rock auto is good, especially with the available coupons, but if it's something like batteries, or as you mentioned, something needed quickly, it's nice to have other options.

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    I tried that once, but they started spamming me incessantly so I just blocked their crap.

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    I tried that once, but they started spamming me incessantly so I just blocked their crap.

You can still shop there without the excessive emails. If nothing else, unsubscribe from everything and jut google rockauto discount code. There is always one available as they tell you to share your code with a friend. Most of the time it seems the discount ends up covering the shipping. The head to head prices are no comparison, so you're money ahead if you have a few days to wait.

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    You can still shop there without the excessive emails. If nothing else, unsubscribe from everything and jut google rockauto discount code. There is always one available as they tell you to share your code with a friend. Most of the time it seems the discount ends up covering the shipping. The head to head prices are no comparison, so you're money ahead if you have a few days to wait.
    Never "unsubscribe" from spam. All it does is confirm your address and let them sell it for more money.

https://www.ricksdailytips.com/dont-click-unsubscribe-in-spam-messages/

https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/lisa-parker-target-5-spam-i-am/2072093/

etc

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    Never "unsubscribe" from spam. All it does is confirm your address and let them sell it for more money.
    etc

I don't consider unsubscribing from emails at a company I purchase from or signed up for to be spam emails. Just annoying. I don't consider Rock Auto a spam site, or their emails to be spam. I've been buying from them for years. They only send emails relevant to their products, and when you unsubscribe, the emails stop and the amount of other inbound emails don't increase.

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    I don't consider unsubscribing from emails at a company I purchase from or signed up for to be spam emails. Just annoying. I don't consider Rock Auto a spam site, or their emails to be spam. I've been buying from them for years. They only send emails relevant to their products, and when you unsubscribe, the emails stop and the amount of other inbound emails don't increase.
    if you signed up for it, it is not spam. Otherwise it is. The definition s "unsolicited bulk/commercial email".

Top Bottom