Hurley's Gold

Pepboys Bosch agm battery or Interstate agm ?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    looking to add a second battery to my land cruiser and have decided on a agm.

Pepboys has the Bosch Platnums on sale at $160 out the door in the size I need

or I can get the Interstate agm same size at 225 otd.

I have to admit I did not have a good experience with interstate on a non agm battery with a 6 year Warranty that died at 35 months so I got a replacement at about 30 bucks off retail. New one is to new to tell longevity
    Texas SOT

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Optima Red Top. Interstate is indeed awesome but if tossed around and gets a hole. Or any odd reason. Acid will leak. Rusting your ride. Dry cell. Feel free to mount it upside down. It's expensive. They're not new to the game and it's worth the money.

I bought one. At this moment it's on a trickle charger in the garage. Without a good alternator. I've started the car off the battery alone somewhere in the 10-13 time range. Ran the car 30-40 minutes. It takes awhile to get down to 11 volts. Very long lasting charge. Impressed me.

Never had a wet cell act the same.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    Exide makes Bosch batteries.

Exide and Johnson Controls make most Interstate batteries.

So there’s a decent chance that Exide makes both batteries you’re considering

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    There is only one battery: Odyssey This is what I run: https://shop.odysseybattery.com/p/34m-pc1500st/batteries_marine?pp=25

I have one that is 15 years old and still cookin. I had 2 other that were over 10 years old and I put them in my RV for the guy who bought it, he still has them in there, that makes them about 14 years old. I use the Grp 34 Marine in my RV.

Optima, made in Mexico and as long as you got salsa in them they are ok, but they do take a siesta when you need them the most..had a near new Blue Top take a dump and the end of a hard trail in Moab, the wrong time for a battery to take a dump, shorted cell. Switched to Odyssey and have never looked back.

Yea they are pricey, but when they last over 10 years you got your money's worth and then some.

Good don't come cheap and cheap don't come good.

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    thanks for that info.

Exide makes Bosch batteries.

Exide and Johnson Controls make most Interstate batteries.

So there’s a decent chance that Exide makes both batteries you’re considering

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

dsgrey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    Denton County
    I had an older Miata until 2 years ago - AGM in the trunk. While the OEM Panasonic did well, I used a Duracell AGM from Batteries Plus that lasted well beyond 5 years. This wasn't my primary car so it sat in the garage during the 100 degree months and during the freezing months. Another reason to have AGM since they do well for vehicles/bikes not driven regularly.

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    Never Pepboys, ever. On the other hand, if your Walmart battery dies before the warranty is up, they'll give you a new one.

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    humm and I thought it was A Bosch battery that happened to be sold at the boys how does it being sold at Pepboys have anything to do with a battery unless its the stores house brand ?

Never Pepboys, ever. On the other hand, if your Walmart battery dies before the warranty is up, they'll give you a new one.

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    humm and I thought it was A Bosch battery that happened to be sold at the boys how does it being sold at Pepboys have anything to do with a battery unless its the stores house brand ?

They'd manage to blow it up, or drop it or sell you a cracked one or a used one or the wrong one...

Top Bottom