• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IFarted

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Guys & Ladies,

Quick question I'll be living in Padre Island for 3 months due to Corporate living I use to live there before couple of years ago and visited Corpus Christi I noticed crime was a kind of an issue during late at night if some areas from what I've heard on my police scanner. I'm not an resident of Texas will I be okay and no problems carrying my Fox Labs 5.3 4oz pepper spray in my consealed belt holster? As long as I don't like take it out my holster and threat some one with it because I don't plan on it.

What are the laws regarding pepper spray? I keep hearing different sides it's legal to carry it as long its in your conseal type holster and others say it's illegal due it's an deadly weapon? I know it's an deadly weapon but I'm not gonna shoot anyone with it as long they don't try to rob me or any one else I may know. Anyone can clear this up this up for me

Thanks Jamie (IFarted)
    Venture Surplus ad

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Guys & Ladies,

Quick question I'll be living in Padre Island for 3 months due to Corporate living I use to live there before couple of years ago and visited Corpus Christi I noticed crime was a kind of an issue during late at night if some areas from what I've heard on my police scanner. I'm not an resident of Texas will I be okay and no problems carrying my Fox Labs 5.3 4oz pepper spray in my consealed belt holster? As long as I don't like take it out my holster and threat some one with it because I don't plan on it.

What are the laws regarding pepper spray? I keep hearing different sides it's legal to carry it as long its in your conseal type holster and others say it's illegal due it's an deadly weapon? I know it's an deadly weapon but I'm not gonna shoot anyone with it as long they don't try to rob me or any one else I may know. Anyone can clear this up this up for me

Thanks Jamie (IFarted)

Bad info is afoot. ;)

Texas allows the carry of pepper spray as long as it is a "small, commercially available device available for personal protection". You are not required to conceal it.

It is not a "deadly weapon" either.

What kind of scanner do you use?

nalioth

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Houston Metro
    Guys & Ladies,

Thanks Jamie (IFarted)
    1) You don't have to be a resident to enjoy our laws. Want to carry a handgun in your vehicle? Have at it while you're here.

2) Pepper spray is unregulated. This is TEXAS, not NEW YORK. If you use it, you'd better have a good reason, though.

Deadly weapon? What kind of pepper spray are you thinking of?

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    1) You don't have to be a resident to enjoy our laws. Want to carry a handgun in your vehicle? Have at it while you're here.

Great point!

Just be sure that keep it concealed, and follow our other laws.

2) Pepper spray is unregulated.
    Not exactly. Any type other than described is a Chemical Dispensing Device, a prohibited weapon and illegal to possess.

nalioth

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Houston Metro
    Not exactly. Any type other than described is a Chemical Dispensing Device, a prohibited weapon and illegal to possess.

I have yet to see "any type than described" for sale anywhere.

I suspect the law is worded for folks putting nasty stuff and such in a Wal-Mart spray bottle.

I sort of assume that when "pepper spray" is mentioned, the commercially available product is what is being meant, not some home made concoction.

ETA: "pepper spray" isn't a chemical to be dispensed, unlike CS (aka Mace).

IFarted

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Bad info is afoot. ;)

Texas allows the carry of pepper spray as long as it is a "small, commercially available device available for personal protection". You are not required to conceal it.

It is not a "deadly weapon" either.

What kind of scanner do you use?

The pepper spray I'm gonna start carrying is going to be in a 4oz bottle it's not big at all here's the picture of it first one on the left side http://foxlabs.com/productimages/personaldutybelt.jpg

As far as the scanner I used is the Uniden BC-296D before I sold it I'm looking for a new one but not in a hurry to get one though, if I get one I'll get either the Uniden BC-396T or the 996T mobile/base scanner

Reason why I would like to know this information I like to eat out late at night or just drive around town when I get to know where places are so I can find them with out getting lost or turning around and going back to my destination.

Okay, now talking about hand guns what are the law's for those? I know with out having a conseal weapons permit I can not carry a handgun underneath my shirt.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    I have yet to see "any type than described" for sale anywhere.

I suspect the law is worded for folks putting nasty stuff and such in a Wal-Mart spray bottle.

I sort of assume that when "pepper spray" is mentioned, the commercially available product is what is being meant, not some home made concoction.

ETA: "pepper spray" isn't a chemical to be dispensed, unlike CS (aka Mace).

The definitionn of a chemical dispensing device reads that it is a device "designed, made, or adapted for the purpose of dispensing a substance capable of causing an adverse psychological or physiological effect on a human being."

OC is certainly a substance.

OC gernades, the fire extinguisher size crowd control OC cannisters etc, are all chemical dispensing devices.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    The pepper spray I'm gonna start carrying is going to be in a 4oz bottle it's not big at all here's the picture of it first one on the left side http://foxlabs.com/productimages/personaldutybelt.jpg
    you should be fine.

Okay, now talking about hand guns what are the law's for those? I know with out having a conseal weapons permit I can not carry a handgun underneath my shirt.

Texas law allows most folks to carry a handgun in their vehicle as long as they have it concealed, they are not committing another crime (excluding minor traffic violations) at the same time and are not a member of a criminal street gang.

Carry on your person when not going to or from your residence to the car is a class A misdemeanor without a license. If alcohol is sold or served then it is a felony.

Keep it in the car, and don't display it in a manner calculated to alarm and you will be OK.

nalioth

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Houston Metro
    The definitionn of a chemical dispensing device reads that it is a device "designed, made, or adapted for the purpose of dispensing a substance capable of causing an adverse psychological or physiological effect on a human being."

OC is certainly a substance.

OC gernades, the fire extinguisher size crowd control OC cannisters etc, are all chemical dispensing devices.

Get the handcuffs . . .

srirachasaucezi3.jpg

IFarted

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    you should be fine.

Texas law allows most folks to carry a handgun in their vehicle as long as they have it concealed, they are not committing another crime (excluding minor traffic violations) at the same time and are not a member of a criminal street gang.

Carry on your person when not going to or from your residence to the car is a class A misdemeanor without a license. If alcohol is sold or served then it is a felony.

Keep it in the car, and don't display it in a manner calculated to alarm and you will be OK.

Okay I fully understand if I do take my handgun with me I'll make sure it's consealed and not showing it off in front of everyone I doubt if I would ever do something like that.

If someone can tell me what are some bullets that have stopping power to them? I use black talon, but I almost have an empty box. I would like to buy something that opens up as fan blade since the black talon is off the market

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Okay I fully understand if I do take my handgun with me I'll make sure it's consealed and not showing it off in front of everyone I doubt if I would ever do something like that.

If someone can tell me what are some bullets that have stopping power to them? I use black talon, but I almost have an empty box. I would like to buy something that opens up as fan blade since the black talon is off the market

Winchester SXT is the new Black Talon (SXT =Same Xact Thing)

Top Bottom