Perfect conceal carry setup....

Discussion in 'Handguns' started by hoytinak, Jan 24, 2009.

1. hoytinak

hoytinak Active Member

Mar 5, 2008
    Texas of course
    I don't know about yall but I've been through numerious firearms, holsters and belts trying to find the perfect setup for me. Well I did it, I've been using this setup for about 2 years now and haven't needed to try to find anything better for the first time. So for those of you that have found YOUR holy grail conceal carry setup....what is it? Here's mine: (HKP2000SK 9mm, Milt Sparks VMII, belt by TheBeltMan)

[​IMG]

2. Vellcrow

Vellcrow Active Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Pflugerville
    Glock 19 9mm, Kramer Scabbard, Galco COP Belt:

CCW_Gear.jpg

3. JKTex

JKTex Well-Known

Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    People tend to discount the importance of a good gun belt. Not a thick work belt, and "gun belt". There are inexpensive yet very good quality/value belts like The Beltman up to hundreds of $$$ for exotic skins.

I've got 2 Beltman belts and may be ordering yet another. They're a fantastic value for a good double layer gun belt. I've also got a Brommeland which is much more $$$ but has the benefit of being cut with the natural curve as well as being made from a specific piece of the hide (hence more $$$) that allows it to be extremely solid yet more supple and comfortable. I've also got a Milt Sparks which is much like the Brommeland. I also have a 5 stitch Wilderness Instructors belt for much more casual wear. Having a good belt is important!

I've narrowed holsters down to a Brommeland MaxConV Presentation grade which is my daily. Very thin, retention 2nd to none and it usually melts into my body. I also have an Alessi Dual Talon that I use for more casual dress like athletic shorts as the clips work great.

Good gear is the key.

Now I'd like to find a "good" tuckable, although I'm still tying with the Milt Sparks clips (from the VMII) on my Broomeland.

I have to admit though, while open carry isn't my thing as far as others seeing me carrying, I think it has got to be the ultimate in convenience and comfort.

4. LittleGun

LittleGun Active Member

Jun 27, 2008
    Spring/Houston
    +1 on the Milt Sparks Holster. It is my favorite IWB holster.

5. 87'vette

87'vette Member

Nov 25, 2008
    El Paso, TX
    Carry Setup

Here is my setup. G29, High Noon Holster, Mr. Softy, extra mag in a Fobus single mag carrier. Works great, inexpensive, easy on, off.... I wear it IWB at 2:00. Been carrying like this for 4+ years. Love it!

[​IMG]

6. LS6TT

LS6TT Member

Jan 11, 2009
    Saginaw, Texas
    dont have a picture of mine, but this is what i use for my pt140

[​IMG]

7. gladi8r

gladi8r Active Member

Jun 5, 2008
    Troy Tx
    Glock 23 with a clipdraw and my xd 9sc with a clip draw. Both of em sit nice and dont move and the grip is just right above my belt and sits forward. Comfy

8. htxred

htxred Active Member

Apr 6, 2008
    inner loop houston
    i agree, i never realized how much a difference a gun belt makes til i got one myself, i went the cheaper route and got a uncle mike's instructors belt, never left home without it.

9. htxred

htxred Active Member

Apr 6, 2008
    inner loop houston
    i know a guy that has a clip draw on his g30 and he doesnt carry a round chambered. he does this fancy draw and rack on the side of your pants trick that gave me goose bumps the first time he did it.

10. lonewolf23c

lonewolf23c Active Member

Oct 2, 2008
    Idaho
    What would be a good concealed weapon to carry? I have a Glock 23 and a Colt 1911 .45acp. Could I use them as concealed carry weapons or is there something else that would work. I absolutely will not touch a Cal-Tec after what I seen of them, the very cheap plastic lower's. What caliber should I look for?

I just took the CCW class in my state, but really left a lot of vague ideas for a good concealment weapon.