• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoytinak

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas of course
    I don't know about yall but I've been through numerious firearms, holsters and belts trying to find the perfect setup for me. Well I did it, I've been using this setup for about 2 years now and haven't needed to try to find anything better for the first time. So for those of you that have found YOUR holy grail conceal carry setup....what is it? Here's mine: (HKP2000SK 9mm, Milt Sparks VMII, belt by TheBeltMan)

Gun Zone Deals

Vellcrow

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2008
    Pflugerville
    Glock 19 9mm, Kramer Scabbard, Galco COP Belt:

CCW_Gear.jpg

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    People tend to discount the importance of a good gun belt. Not a thick work belt, and "gun belt". There are inexpensive yet very good quality/value belts like The Beltman up to hundreds of $$$ for exotic skins.

I've got 2 Beltman belts and may be ordering yet another. They're a fantastic value for a good double layer gun belt. I've also got a Brommeland which is much more $$$ but has the benefit of being cut with the natural curve as well as being made from a specific piece of the hide (hence more $$$) that allows it to be extremely solid yet more supple and comfortable. I've also got a Milt Sparks which is much like the Brommeland. I also have a 5 stitch Wilderness Instructors belt for much more casual wear. Having a good belt is important!

I've narrowed holsters down to a Brommeland MaxConV Presentation grade which is my daily. Very thin, retention 2nd to none and it usually melts into my body. I also have an Alessi Dual Talon that I use for more casual dress like athletic shorts as the clips work great.

Good gear is the key.

Now I'd like to find a "good" tuckable, although I'm still tying with the Milt Sparks clips (from the VMII) on my Broomeland.

I have to admit though, while open carry isn't my thing as far as others seeing me carrying, I think it has got to be the ultimate in convenience and comfort.

87'vette

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    El Paso, TX
    Carry Setup

Here is my setup. G29, High Noon Holster, Mr. Softy, extra mag in a Fobus single mag carrier. Works great, inexpensive, easy on, off.... I wear it IWB at 2:00. Been carrying like this for 4+ years. Love it!

g29001vd5.jpg

gladi8r

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Troy Tx
    Glock 23 with a clipdraw and my xd 9sc with a clip draw. Both of em sit nice and dont move and the grip is just right above my belt and sits forward. Comfy

htxred

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2008
    inner loop houston
    i agree, i never realized how much a difference a gun belt makes til i got one myself, i went the cheaper route and got a uncle mike's instructors belt, never left home without it.

htxred

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2008
    inner loop houston
    Glock 23 with a clipdraw and my xd 9sc with a clip draw. Both of em sit nice and dont move and the grip is just right above my belt and sits forward. Comfy
    i know a guy that has a clip draw on his g30 and he doesnt carry a round chambered. he does this fancy draw and rack on the side of your pants trick that gave me goose bumps the first time he did it.

lonewolf23c

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2008
    Idaho
    What would be a good concealed weapon to carry? I have a Glock 23 and a Colt 1911 .45acp. Could I use them as concealed carry weapons or is there something else that would work. I absolutely will not touch a Cal-Tec after what I seen of them, the very cheap plastic lower's. What caliber should I look for?

I just took the CCW class in my state, but really left a lot of vague ideas for a good concealment weapon.

gfmun

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    A lot depends of what you are doing and what kind of clothing you are wearing. Your general body type has a lot to do with it also.

I have a G19 and a 1911 and use a DeSantis Scorpion IWB holster and both conceal well. Most of the time I just stick a S&W 642 in my pocket and away I go.

thanks,
    George

jbcalhoun

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    Midland, TX.
    Your general body type has a lot to do with it also.
    George

I'm built for comfort, like a big 'ol Buick! lol

Actually, I use a IWB but wear it on the weak side. More comfortable for setting and the seat belt doesn't get in the way. Kind of a cross draw, but works really well for me. Carry a STI Off Duty 45ACP.

Brad

lonewolf23c

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2008
    Idaho
    Thanks for the holster info guys. I really like my Glock and Colt and really don't want to have to spend more money on another pistol (not really, but it sounded good). I just don't have the extra money right now to spend on a pistol just for concealment. I like the IWB holsters in general though, as its kind of pointless using a belt slide type holster for concealment, kind of stand out no matter what you do.

Bill

87'vette

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    El Paso, TX
    2:00?

At 2 o'clock? Is that not uncomfortable when you sit?

TXSUT,
    No it is not. I cary it all day with no issues. The holster settles nicely when I am standing/walking, and when I sit it moves up slightly off my leg/midsection. I am 5'7" and right at 150lbs. No gut to speak of.
    I carry my G27 in a Mr. Softy also with no issues. The G27 holster is a little stiffer and does need to break in a little more though. Guess I'll carry the little .40 more often.

gladi8r

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Troy Tx
    i know a guy that has a clip draw on his g30 and he doesnt carry a round chambered. he does this fancy draw and rack on the side of your pants trick that gave me goose bumps the first time he did it.

I carry a round in the chamber on both of my pistols as long as you practice proper saftey you wont have any problems.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio

Have him show you how he plans on shooting the gun while fighting an attacker to retain said firearm with the other hand.

His fancy uber-cool Israeli draw won't look that cool then!

tex45acp

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    South Central Texas
    I actually carry several guns depending on what I am wearing, but by far my favorite and the one that gets the most hip time is my stainless Wilson Combat Professional, a Commander length 1911, carried in a Milt Sparks Versa Max 2, supported by a Don Hume Double thickness gunbelt. I also carry two spare mags in a Don Hume double mag pouch. Holster gets carried at 4 o'clock, strong side and mag pouch is carried 8 o'clock weak side.

WCPROR.jpg

1911CarryRig.jpg

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Josephn58333
    Top Bottom