• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pixel5

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2014
    I tried asking about this subject on a different forum but according to them I was talking about doing something illegal...

In Texas if you are given administrative permission by the school/district, you can carry concealed on their property. I want to know if anyone here has ever achieved such permission and on what grounds/how you did it.

I understand that in most cases it is the faculty and staff that get permission to do this. I'm not talking about those people.

Premise of this post: My wife is a band director in a small town school. I was giving light thought to asking the superintendent about the school board's view on it.
    Texas SOT

Rangerscott

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2010
    Lubbock
    You would have to take it up with the school board and will most likely not be just about your wife carrying but about permission for any faculty to carry on school property and then every faculty member would have to be notified and agree to it and Im sure all the parents would have to be notified and if they are ok with it.

I HIGHLY doubt they would give her an automatic yes/no.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    You would have to take it up with the school board and will most likely not be just about your wife carrying but about permission for any faculty to carry on school property and then every faculty member would have to be notified and agree to it and Im sure all the parents would have to be notified and if they are ok with it.

I HIGHLY doubt they would give her an automatic yes/no.

Other than the information that he can be given permission to carry, the rest of that is mistaken. Permission can be in an individual basis, and no one else is required to be notified

Top Bottom