• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DCortez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    "Texas would have to extend unemployment benefits to those who lost their jobs and now are seeking part-time work"

I'm not sure, but I think there was a work-around (working the system) that would enable people to work part time for a while, get unemployment, then go back to working part time when unemployment ended.

"the nation’s so-called stimulus package might mean having to pay an additional $12,000 a year in unemployment insurance"

I didn't see how much more would be charged to companies. ATM, I think it's 0.8% federal and 2.7% for newer (experience rate) companies. Several factors, such as claims, etc., affect the rate. But don't quote me on that, I'm not in accounting.

Either way, there's no free lunch, especially if Pelosi and Obama are serving it up.

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Perry is a scummy liar. He was going to turn it down, then take it, now its back the other way. He should work for Osama Obama.
    Folks remember when you vote how pro strong borders he was until the day after the election!

Torch

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2008
    It was my understanding that Perry only turned down the funds designated for unemployment, not the entire $555M.
    $555MM is just the unemployment piece. Amazing how little a million dollars buys you nowadays.

Major Woody

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2008
    It could be a republican vs democrat thing, but I've heard that taking that portion of the money would raise every businesses unemployment taxes. Kay Bailey Hutchingson would be better, but I heard on a Glenn Beck interview with Chuck Norris, Chuck mentioned on running for President of Texas. That's right President!
    Texas, a whole "nother' country.

Top Bottom