• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    I'm sure I'm not alone in experiencing a constant barrage of: Please take a few minutes to answer our survey from your last...visit, purchase, inquiry, blah, blah.

NO, I WON'T answer your survey!

It sure as hell isn't so they can provide better service as they claim.

What's the actual agenda with these non-stop surveys?

What say you?

(...and yes, I do see the irony of my question..., but I promise, it'll only take a few minutes...)
    DK Firearms

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    Yes, of course, my agenda is agenda free....just want to know if anyone has the answer as to why these surveys are such a constant from doctor's offices, to veterinarians to tile companies to, ......the list is long.

Some act as if I have no choice, but 'must answer'.

Yes, it's simple enough to delete them, but what do they hope to gain?

I certainly don't know.

mroper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Katy, TX
    I was at my Doctor recently and he asked to make sure I fill it out if I get it. He was saying they get rated by their surveys. So I guess if they are part of a big Hospital system it affects their Job performance perhaps bonus/Pay

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    "He was saying they get rated by their surveys. So I guess if they are part of a big Hospital system it affects their Job performance perhaps bonus/Pay"

Yes, one of the service reps at the dealership I bought my truck from also told me this - ok, I don't believe it.

If that's the criteria that is one incredibly bad system.

The doctor misdiagnosed my malady and my foot is ruined, (this actually happened) but man, I really 'liked him' on his survey. So, he gets a great guy performance 'attaboy'!

WTH kinda system is that?

P.S. Thank you Mroper for your input. Not fussing at you, just rather despairing at the state of things.....

I think we're all given a big B.S. story when it comes to these internet surveys, because if that's what constitutes 'great report cards' instead of great job performance we as customers of all kinds (including be patients) are screwed...

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    "He was saying they get rated by their surveys. So I guess if they are part of a big Hospital system it affects their Job performance perhaps bonus/Pay"

Yes, one of the service reps at the dealership I bought my truck from also told me this - ok, I don't believe it.

If that's the criteria that is one incredibly bad system.

The doctor misdiagnosed my malady and my foot is ruined, (this actually happened) but man, I really 'liked him' on his survey. So, he gets a great guy performance 'attaboy'!

WTH kinda system is that?

P.S. Thank you Mroper for your input. Not fussing at you, just rather despairing at the state of things.....

I think we're all given a big B.S. story when it comes to these internet surveys, because if that's what constitutes 'great report cards' instead of great job performance we as customers of all kinds (including be patients) are screwed...plus I f'ning hate being guilt tripped - such crap doesn't motivate me except to piss me off.....

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    Yes, I get them as well.
    A few weeks ago I purchased a new automobile.
    In the following days I was barraged with survey requests via text, e-mail, and actual phone call! Y Carumba!
    Deleted them and forgot about it.
    Couple of days ago the Stealership called that the license plates had arrived. Drove over to pick them up.
    The woman who came out of the back had the plates in her death grip. She practically ordered me to complete the surveys! She acted like if I didn't say Yes Ma'am she wouldn't give me the plates. Just give me the plates for cryin' out loud.
    Heck, I can go look at my bank account on line and the next day I get a customer satisfaction survey.
    Just delete them.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    Moonpie,

Yeah, the last survey I got from the dealership I bought from worded their survey like I was 'obligated' to answer it.

Pretty annoying, actually insulting......

My wife decided to cancel her bank account last week and wouldn't you know they started in with 3, yes 3 different surveys, insisting the last one would only take 4 minutes, because 4 minutes of her time isn't worth squat......to them.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    Car dealers, and their personnel, have compensation that’s partly reliant on those surveys.

Since I’ve worked in the auto industry for two decades, I usually give those guys a solid and will complete a survey if they do right by me.

If they suck then I just won’t do the survey.

And I don’t really do any other surveys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    Yes, of course, my agenda is agenda free....just want to know if anyone has the answer as to why these surveys are such a constant from doctor's offices, to veterinarians to tile companies to, ......the list is long.

Some act as if I have no choice, but 'must answer'.

Yes, it's simple enough to delete them, but what do they hope to gain?

I certainly don't know.

I gotta admit, the last few years with customer service going from atrocious to unintelligible, when I do get a CSR who goes beyond the call of duty, and who is both helpful and understandable, I will take the time to fill our their damn surveys with glowing, pull out the stops Shakespearean eloquence ...

In (perhaps futile?) hopes the powers-that-be will take the hint.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    Pronstar,

"New Car dealers, and their personnel, have compensation that’s partly reliant on those surveys."

ok, and no insult to you whatsoever, but how is that my responsibility?

Because I have access to the internet, therefore I'm partially responsible for promotions, pay raises, bonuses of people dumb enough to work for such a system?

That's quite a shaky system as I have to imagine the majority of those importuned by a freaking endless stream of various surveys are annoyed to the point of immediate deletion...

Please, Sir, take time out of your life to fill out this survey, because my children have to eat, I have bills to pay, my wife might leave if I don't keep my job, so out of the goodness of your heart, please, please, please take care of me......(give me, give me, give me a great survey score ya bastid)

Nah, I suggest they find a real job where such crap isn't part of keeping their jobs or getting ahead because they depend on imploring, that's to say internet survey 'begging'.

These folks need to quit begging and find a real job because I'm not responsible for them.

They are responsible for themselves...with dignity, not allowing themselves to be beggars.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    Pronstar,

"New Car dealers, and their personnel, have compensation that’s partly reliant on those surveys."

ok, and no insult to you whatsoever, but how is that my responsibility?

Because I have access to the internet, therefore I'm partially responsible for promotions, pay raises, bonuses of people dumb enough to work for such a system?

That's quite a shaky system as I have to imagine the majority of those importuned by a freaking endless stream of various surveys are annoyed to the point of immediate deletion...

Please, Sir, take time out of your life to fill out this survey, because my children have to eat, I have bills to pay, my wife might leave if I don't keep my job, so out of the goodness of your heart, please, please, please take care of me......(give me, give me, give me a great survey score ya bastid)

Nah, I suggest they find a real job where such crap isn't part of keeping their jobs or getting ahead because they depend on imploring, that's to say internet survey 'begging'.

These folks need to quit begging and find a real job because I'm not responsible for them.

They are responsible for themselves...with dignity, not allowing themselves to be beggars.

Where in my post did I state it was your responsibility?

I merely stated what I do.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    pronstar,

I understood.

I'm (if it's not obvious) venting.

I also thought this: ""New Car dealers, and their personnel, have compensation that’s partly reliant on those surveys." - This statement points out my 'implied obligation' as the recipient of those surveys to help those poor wretches by answering those surveys.

Nope, not gonna do it, wouldn't be prudent.

They only multiply.....not a system I'll participate in.

Fortunately, my delete button works fine - it's just annoying that I have to use it all......

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    ...and from now on, when I do business with any company of size, I will let them know not to bother me with internet surveys as I will delete them upon arrival.

That's my very small contribution to help stop this garbage.

Will it work?

Probably not because some will always allow themselves to be taken advantage of therefore it'll go on, but better to light a candle than curse the darkness, etc.....

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    Worse than surveys are phone calls.

I had a dealer change the oil in my truck.
    I got three damned phone calls from them, asking if I was satisfied with the service.

It’s a damned oil change.
    Pretty hard to screw that up, though wouldn’t put it past anyone these days.

The second and third calls went right to RoboKiller.

Top Bottom