• ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Got an email notification from "Nextdoor" app.
    When I clicked on it, it said it no longer exists....

Screenshot_20201027-095620_Email.jpg

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    Got an email notification from "Nextdoor" app.
    I had to give up on the "Nextdoor" app when I was simply overwhelmed by the sheer number of "Karens" on it. I had actually thought the concept was a good one... in the beginning. Kind of a 'Neighborhood Watch' sorta thing. Good for those in the immediate neighborhood reporting on police activity, theft from garages, suspicious persons/activities, bobcats/coyotes in the neighborhood, Ring doorbell videos, etc. Lots of potential for increasing safety and security awareness!

But then I made the mistake of posting a link the Sheriff's Office had on their website. Mugshots of those individuals within the county arrested for drug possession/sales, drunk driving, shop lifters or other robberies, domestic violence, etc.

Boy oh boy(!)... you would've thought I had opened the gates of Hell! The neighborhood "Karens" came out of the woodwork like you wouldn't believe. "How dare you"! "These people deserve a second chance"! "You are shaming them -why?"

The postings were never ending. I pointed out this information was already available on the 'net. I finally decided the bulk of them were just professional "complainers", with nothing better to do.... their poor husbands (if they even had one!). This happened a few years ago; a prime example of how a potentially very useful app can be turned completely to mush, once Liberals take it over. I believe it's what they call an 'echo chamber'. Sad... it had the potential for doing a lot of good.

Last edited:

popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    Yea, she got banned from Next Door for a Trump post. Pretty much taken over by Twitterheads.
    Libs are throwing 3 yr old temper tantrum that they say (in their posts) it's gonna get worse no matter who wins the 3rd. Might want to get me one of those collapsible clubs. Easier to carry than bear spray. And yes, both are considered a weapon.

Aus_Schwaben

First to know - Last to care!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 31, 2019
    Abilene, TX
    A local activist in Houston - Squirrel Zero, I think - kept running his head about HPD shootings. Someone at HPD finally invited him down to try out their simulator. After few hours of training and simulator time, he finally admitted "It is harder than it looks."

Between the declining numbers of citizens with military experience and falling numbers of people with law enforcement training, the only knowledge many people have about firearms is through the movies. This leads to unrealistic ideas of the capabilities of the average LEO. They expect shooting the guns out of the hands of criminals, one officer subduing a suspect by themselves without any injuries on either side, and doing a psychological evaluation, as well as developing a plan to deal with, of a suspect correctly every time in seconds.

All I know for certain is, the more the people get away with, the more they will try. And when the LEOs come out to deal with it, the Left will cry abuse and rights violations no matter what happens.

Note: I have disagreed with one point of deadly force for a long time. Theft of property is not sufficient cause to use deadly force, in other words lives are worth more than property. I say this: I have worked part of my life to acquire these things. So while they are only things, they are a part of my life. And in the case of my car or truck, it is my means of working to feed my lady friend, my pets, and me. So shooting someone stealing my car should be justified.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    A local activist in Houston - Squirrel Zero, I think - kept running his head about HPD shootings. Someone at HPD finally invited him down to try out their simulator. After few hours of training and simulator time, he finally admitted "It is harder than it looks."

Between the declining numbers of citizens with military experience and falling numbers of people with law enforcement training, the only knowledge many people have about firearms is through the movies. This leads to unrealistic ideas of the capabilities of the average LEO. They expect shooting the guns out of the hands of criminals, one officer subduing a suspect by themselves without any injuries on either side, and doing a psychological evaluation, as well as developing a plan to deal with, of a suspect correctly every time in seconds.

All I know for certain is, the more the people get away with, the more they will try. And when the LEOs come out to deal with it, the Left will cry abuse and rights violations no matter what happens.

Note: I have disagreed with one point of deadly force for a long time. Theft of property is not sufficient cause to use deadly force, in other words lives are worth more than property. I say this: I have worked part of my life to acquire these things. So while they are only things, they are a part of my life. And in the case of my car or truck, it is my means of working to feed my lady friend, my pets, and me. So shooting someone stealing my car should be justified.

I was asked this question some years ago by a person that really didn't understand the principle of stealing and protecting your property.

I was asked if any property I owned was worth shooting or killing a thief over?

My answer was a question in reply. A thief needs to ask themselves if stealing my property is worth getting shot or killed over?

Simple answer is this. It's my property and my right to protect and safeguard it as I see fit.

I can't, and won't tolerate a thief. Just that simple.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    I was asked this question some years ago by a person that really didn't understand the principle of stealing and protecting your property.

I was asked if any property I owned was worth shooting or killing a thief over?

My answer was a question in reply. A thief needs to ask themselves if stealing my property is worth getting shot or killed over?

Simple answer is this. It's my property and my right to protect and safeguard it as I see fit.

I can't, and won't tolerate a thief. Just that simple.
    I have to agree.
    I am retired. Mostly on a fixed income. I work almost 50 years to get what I have and can't afford to replace it. So yeah, they are taking my life. So they don't have to work for one??? Do you like the idea of being a slave? A slave is someone that works for the benefit of another without compensation or redress. Working to get "stuff" to have it taken at the whim of another? Sounds like slavery to me.
    No! If my rights and my life mean nothing to them, then their's means nothing to me.
    They have the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. They DO NOT have the right to take mine.
    They deserve what they get.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    I have to agree.
    I am retired. Mostly on a fixed income. I work almost 50 years to get what I have and can't afford to replace it. So yeah, they are taking my life. So they don't have to work for one??? Do you like the idea of being a slave? A slave is someone that works for the benefit of another without compensation or redress. Working to get "stuff" to have it taken at the whim of another? Sounds like slavery to me.
    No! If my rights and my life mean nothing to them, then their's means nothing to me.
    They have the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. They DO NOT have the right to take mine.
    They deserve what they get.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    Like the song said, to paraphrase, if the devils busy you have the right to send them to the front of the line. Provided legal justification of course.

I hate thieves. I wish some thieving was still death penalty eligible.

Killing someone over property? I guess legally the correct answer is that it depends on how they take it from me.

Last edited:

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015

Some years ago, a black legislator complaining about shootings was put in a simulator situation. He shot in every occasion. Was so shocked at what happened, he admitted to a reporter that he had been wrong.

mongoose

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2012
    nm
    Unless you have been trained to use a baton and are physically strong, I’d stick with the bear spray and keep a good bubble around myself. Better yet, a pistol you are comfortable with.

TJjerry

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 5, 2019
    Magnolia, tx
    Many years back in Houston, police were stationed in back rooms of 7-11 type stores with shotguns in an effort to stop the rash of robberies. They only had to shoot a couple of robbers before the word got out and completely curtailed the thefts for quiet some time.
    Recently many cities declared shoplifting had to be in excess of $950 for a police response. Stores do not want legal liability so they no longer allow employees to intervene. Results, Pharmacy stores have had their shelves cleaned out and are closing in mass numbers mostly in Sanctuary Cities. I don't think this is about just allowing self collecting reparations.
    Guns.jpg
    reperations.
    Libs moving to create caios, BATFE creating registry, and many think the following can't happen here.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom