• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • country_boy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Round Rock
    I bought one that was a Korean garand back in 2008 at McBride’s I paid 700 for it total. Shoots great. So I will pass on these and let y’all have at it

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Dang that 600yd range with electronic scoring is awesome...
    I've actually thought about relocating to the Talladega area so that I'd be closer to family and could use that facility. However, there are two problems:
    1. They don't allow pistols on their 600 yard rifle range, and
    2. They have no membership program. You pay by the day. There are some discounts but no flat-fee memberships. If I went there every day, as I'd like to do if I lived nearby, the range fees would far exceed my discretionary income each month.
    Of course, I could always move to Raton and use The Whittington Center. I was one of the last people to buy a Life Membership back when it really meant full use, for life, without fees. But Raton is an armpit of a place, otherwise, and I could never live there.

Still, a visit to the CMP Marksmanship Park is definitely on my bucket list.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Raton is beautiful, but the entire State of N.M. is very, very strange politically. Some 25 years ago, I was offered what sounded like a very good job there, I went. I soon found that the negatives of living in N.M. far outweighed any advantage of a "job". We still love to visit there; but absolutely no moving there.

studenygreg

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2015
    I lived in NM for 3 years. I loved the outdoors there. Plenty of public land to visit unlike here in TX. I also liled being minutes from the mountains. I could travel for less than 30 min and play in the snow and come back down to the desert when I was done with it.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I lived in NM for 3 years. I loved the outdoors there. Plenty of public land to visit unlike here in TX. I also liled being minutes from the mountains. I could travel for less than 30 min and play in the snow and come back down to the desert when I was done with it.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

Yes.

BUT, Are you familiar with the "Gross Receipts Tax"?

This tax is one of the most malicious devices in all the USA.

I have visited N.M. since the mid-1950's, and certainly admired the beautiful scenery, low population density, great hunting, & snow skiing.

The "Gross Receipts Tax" is a gigantic TURD in the New Mexico punchbowl !

leVieux

pharmaco

Give me those potatoes
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Round Rock
    New Mexico tried to tax my brother for his earnings for the entire year of 2015, even though he moved back to Texas in February.

Top Bottom