• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HawkeyeSATX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2014
    Well, you have the Philly mom wanting to know why her son wasn't tazed when approaching police with deadly force. Only makes sense to not have police involved with the looting since it would incite violence. They aren't hurting anyone - insurance covers those business costs.

Now did I say that with a straight face?
    I can tell you, that I am a prior police officer, and when you get into a life and death situation, you are trained, and it becomes second nature, to draw your weapon, and aim.
    I don't believe the tazers would have worked on this individual. He seemed to be in a mindset and worked up enough that the tazers wouldn't have phased him one bit.
    When an individual is pumped up on adrenaline, it's like being high on pcp, or meth. Sure, he would have felt the electricity, but it wouldn't have stopped him until he killed one, or both officers involved.
    If I understand correctly, he had a problem with mental instability. The way he was acting, the cops wouldn't have known that at all. They just know that a man rushed them wiyh a knife out and ready to stab someone, or them.
    It's an unfortunate set of events that happened.
    That doesn't give the people the right to riot, and loot businesses in their own community.
    Yes, maybe the store owners do have insurance. But I'm thinking most don't, because it's so damn expensive.
    Plus, I'm not sure insurance companies will pay out because this was done deliberately, and wasn't an act of God.

Hawk

Sent from my REVVLRY+ using Tapatalk
    Capitol Armory ad

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I can tell you, that I am a prior police officer, and when you get into a life and death situation, you are trained, and it becomes second nature, to draw your weapon, and aim.
    I don't believe the tazers would have worked on this individual. He seemed to be in a mindset and worked up enough that the tazers wouldn't have phased him one bit.
    When an individual is pumped up on adrenaline, it's like being high on pcp, or meth. Sure, he would have felt the electricity, but it wouldn't have stopped him until he killed one, or both officers involved.
    If I understand correctly, he had a problem with mental instability. The way he was acting, the cops wouldn't have known that at all. They just know that a man rushed them wiyh a knife out and ready to stab someone, or them.
    It's an unfortunate set of events that happened.
    That doesn't give the people the right to riot, and loot businesses in their own community.
    Yes, maybe the store owners do have insurance. But I'm thinking most don't, because it's so damn expensive.
    Plus, I'm not sure insurance companies will pay out because this was done deliberately, and wasn't an act of God.

Hawk

Well said Hawkeye. I do believe, that if a person rushed at LE with a weapon, especially an edged weapon, then there is going to be the very possibility that they will shoot him out of self preservation. I expect them to do no less.

I'm not in LE, and just average guy in most respects. You rush at me with a weapon, I'm going to shoot your ass too! I fully expect LE is of the same mindset.

I know lots of people, and many of them family or friends that are critical of LE using deadly force in such situations, always revert to that they could have used other means than shooting the armed person. I understand that they are upset, and emotional about the event, but that doesn't change the facts. LE is facing an armed person, and the safety of the officers, and the public is paramount in that event. Less than lethal options IMO are not the best option for personal safety when confronting an armed person.

I think many people tend to forget that LE officers are people before they put a uniform and badge on everyday. They are subject to the same faults as everyone else in this world. They are not perfect, and make mistakes. I doubt any officer that day wanted this to end with that man dying. I seriously doubt any one of them set out with the intention of wanting to kill another person that day, but it happened. I also doubt very many have thought to wonder, how those officers are feeling about taking a human life that day.

HawkeyeSATX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2014
    I can honestly say that when you go on your shift as a police officer, you're thinking about surviving your shift. We don't think of , or ever want to take another humans life. That's the farthest from any police officers mind. Ues, when you join, and go through the academy, they tell you it may happen, and they prepare you for a possibility of that happening. But not a single person I was with, prayed and hoped we would never have to do such a thing.
    In my career, I had to only pull my weapon once, and came very close to shooting an individual because he lowered his hands and was reaching for something behind his back. I thank God that this individual had the smarts, and awareness about him when he saw us draw and aim at him.
    When the adrenaline starts pumping, you get tunnel vision, and focus on the individual attacking you. That's when your training kicks in instantly, and half the time you don't realize you're doing what you've been trained to do. You don't hear anything but yourself yelling at the perp.
    When in that situation, if you hesitate even a second, you can end up dead.
    You don't really hear about what has been happening to police officers the past couple of years in the press, like you do about the injustice of black people being shot and killed by the police.
    The past couple of years, it's been open season nationwide on police officers. You never really hear about the officers who get ambushed during a domestic violence dispute, or the cops who get complacent when doing a traffic stop, and get blown away by a newly escaped prisoner. You don't hear about the officers who were blown up from a fertilizer storage unit that exploded while they were setting a perimeter so civilians couldn't enter and be harmed.
    Yes, police officers are first and foremost people as well.
    You were very eloquent Axxe55 with what you said in your post.

Hawk

Last edited:

MacZC7

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2020
    Texas
    Can they just shoot on sight? No arrest necessary. (Looters)
    Out of line or right on?

Last edited:

HawkeyeSATX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2014
    Can they jusf shoot on sight? No arrest necessary.
    Out of line or right on?
    From what I saw, they tried to take control of the situation to arrest this man. That didn't work. This guy charged at both of them, and they didn't really have a choice at that point.

Hawk

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    From what I saw, they tried to take control of the situation to arrest this man. That didn't work. This guy charged at both of them, and they didn't really have a choice at that point.

Hawk

Another point, that IMO that hasn't, or wasn't stressed near enough, was after the attacker was shot by LE officers, they immediately put him into a patrol car and rushed him to the hospital.

I'm sorry, it probably doesn't fit into the narrative the protesters wanted to make about these blood-thirsty killer cops! But IMO, strikes me as officers who didn't want to have to shoot the man, and tried their best to get him medical attention after they did shoot him.

MacZC7

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2020
    Texas

Hawk

Naw man, I meant the looters.

Aus_Schwaben

First to know - Last to care!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 31, 2019
    Abilene, TX
    Back in '92, there was a group that stood their ground and protected their shops. A few people have emulated them since but not many. The group that stood up were called "Rooftop Koreans".

I wonder why we do not see more people standing up and protecting their businesses like the rooftop Koreans in these towns where the riots and looting have occurred?

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    Back in '92, there was a group that stood their ground and protected their shops. A few people have emulated them since but not many. The group that stood up were called "Rooftop Koreans".

I wonder why we do not see more people standing up and protecting their businesses like the rooftop Koreans in these towns where the riots and looting have occurred?
    Perhaps because many business owners may see it as the job of the police?

avvidclif

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 30, 2017
    Van Zandt County
    I saw the video of Philly. He was chasing the officers and they finally decided this wasn't working. Also did anyone ask if they even had tasers???? I didn't notice any. Moral of the story, "Don't bring a knife to a gunfight!"

They were told not to arrest the looters wonder if that was followed by just shoot them. That would stop it.

MacZC7

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2020
    Texas
    I saw the video of Philly. He was chasing the officers and they finally decided this wasn't working. Also did anyone ask if they even had tasers???? I didn't notice any. Moral of the story, "Don't bring a knife to a gunfight!"

They were told not to arrest the looters wonder if that was followed by just shoot them. That would stop it.
    LEOs are trained for various situations, they know what to use when. This POS got what he deserved. You charge cops after being told to drop the weapon and you get lead poisoning center mass, no warning shots to the legs like some idiots (Biden) think.

etmo

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2020
    Cedar Creek, Tx

It's a good question. The answer is probably a combination of things, many of which we don't know. It does seem like the worst riots of which I'm aware have taken place in areas where there are few, if any, "mom-and-pop" businesses. In the case of this thread, the Wal-Mart got hit hard. Nobody wants to kill anyone over the Walton family's billions.

In Minneapolis, the worst of the damage was done to a stretch of stores downtown which are wealthy national chains, like Apple, Timberland, Nike, etc.

Also, we've all noticed that the riots are in democrat-controlled cities. LA back in '92 was not nearly as left as Philly is today, or as left as Minneapolis, Austin, Seattle, Portland, NYC, etc, etc, etc are today. The democrats in these cities today are gun-hating, brainwashed morons who couldn't fire an AR if you gave them one.

Also, the rooftop Koreans were a very different group of immigrants than you'll generally see these days. They were not indoctrinated democrats who want only to kneel before the government, they were an old-school breed of immigrants who came to America for our liberties and a chance to succeed through hard work, unlike many of today's immigrants, who are here because of the democrats and their bribes for votes social programs.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    I believe that would be a very possibly accurate assessment Etmo.

I would add this as a possibility as well, that many of them maybe started out supporting the protests, and the cause, until it was too late and they then realized they had hitched their wagon to the wrong horse. They may have even bought into the cause, and even believed in the BLM and their false narrative, and didn't even know the truth.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015

Perhaps because in the liberal cities they are afraid of being charged with murder?

angel71rs

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2009
    El Paso
    Some are, just not getting media attention like the Rooftop Koreans did back then. Here is a vid of a crazy bitch complaining that Aaa-rabs were standing armed in front of their stores not allowing her to loot!:

Should the guys in the vid be referred to as "Sidewalk Arabs"???

:loaded: :laughing:

popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    The guy with the knife had previous charges of weapons, assault, drugs. Got off if he would just take lithium (bipolar?). Guess that didn't work. So there is a reason the poice council crew want psyc docs on scene, to prescribe more drugs for thugs. Cops get a flashlite.

Top Bottom