• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Everyone but a very smal group of specifically diagnosed mentally ill people know it's wrong to beat a newborn baby to death.

The rest are just evil that need to die.
    Lynx Defense

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Everyone but a very smal group of specifically diagnosed mentally ill people know it's wrong to beat a newborn baby to death.
    There is a school of thought that nearly any person can be molded until they are comfortable doing evil things. Jordan Peterson likes to make the case that if any person alive now had been around in Nazi Germany, the likelihood they would have been a Nazi is close to 100%. Statistically, that's true. The number of Germans who actively resisted the Nazis was statistically almost nonexistent. If society goes that way, pretty much anyone can become a guard at Treblinka.

When you said "Everyone but a very small group ... know it's wrong to beat a newborn...", I couldn't help but think of the Japanese soldiers during the rape of Nanking, the ones who threw babies into the air then speared them with their bayonets as they fell to earth. I'm sure they didn't start out as evil. They were most likely regular guys who got swept along in the tide of the times.

My point? I think it's valid (after we execute this guy) to try to determine why he did what he did.

If the society is trending that direction, we need to know sooner rather than later.

There have been plenty of times in the past when prior warning would have been extremely valuable.

Is this guy a statistically insignificant outlier? I think so. I hope so. But I'd like to be sure.

SKS_Fanboy93

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2021
    McKinney
    There is a school of thought that nearly any person can be molded until they are comfortable doing evil things. Jordan Peterson likes to make the case that if any person alive now had been around in Nazi Germany, the likelihood they would have been a Nazi is close to 100%. Statistically, that's true. The number of Germans who actively resisted the Nazis was statistically almost nonexistent. If society goes that way, pretty much anyone can become a guard at Treblinka.

When you said "Everyone but a very small group ... know it's wrong to beat a newborn...", I couldn't help but think of the Japanese soldiers during the rape of Nanking, the ones who threw babies into the air then speared them with their bayonets as they fell to earth. I'm sure they didn't start out as evil. They were most likely regular guys who got swept along in the tide of the times.

My point? I think it's valid (after we execute this guy) to try to determine why he did what he did.

If the society is trending that direction, we need to know sooner rather than later.

There have been plenty of times in the past when prior warning would have been extremely valuable.

Is this guy a statistically insignificant outlier? I think so. I hope so. But I'd like to be sure.
    Your position is sensible. While these people are undoubtedly evil and deserve to be punished to the fullest extent of the law, it's important to understand why people do things like this so that we can try to prevent it from happening in the first place.

True, I think just about anyone can be misled into doing evil things under the right conditions. Like a frog in water as the heat is being turned up gradually, they are eased into it and before long, they don't even think twice about doing something like bayoneting infants.

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    Your position is sensible. While these people are undoubtedly evil and deserve to be punished to the fullest extent of the law, it's important to understand why people do things like this so that we can try to prevent it from happening in the first place.

True, I think just about anyone can be misled into doing evil things under the right conditions. Like a frog in water as the heat is being turned up gradually, they are eased into it and before long, they don't even think twice about doing something like bayoneting infants.
    No one knows what goes on behind closed doors
    So one may never know..
    I'm still back to my original post I care less how we got here I'm jus working with the end result

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    To some extent I agree but that said.
    I really don't care about his history nor if he was hugged much I'm not putting him on the couch and find out nothing.
    I just wanted him dead. That baby didn't do anything to anyone.
    Never had a chance.
    So **** him period

The rest are just evil that need to die.
    My thoughts too. Why he did it is irrelevant.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

candcallen

Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    There are some things you just cant tolerate.

Religious extremism that is founded in the convert or die, or worse, convert then die doctrine....

People that demand conformity or you are dehumanized......

Child killers

Various other forms of undeniable evil.

You can only kill this crap before it kills you.

candcallen

Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Feet first. Lots of breaks. Dont want to go too fast.

1632966859519.png

Top Bottom