• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texas Bulldog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    San Antonio, Tx
    is it dumb that I got a Glock 19 so i could buy the 33rd magazine? hahahaha. I was really looking for a 17 but I liked the looks of this one. Im getting tired of all black guns. Taking it to the range in about an hour and going to give it a workout :thumbs:

And this size I can carry as well :cheers:

I don't like Glocks really, but I enjoy all the aftermarket for them and tinkering

23uc5zo.jpg
    Guns International

ml1209

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    To me, that's one of the best reasons to get the Glock 9mm. Relatively cheap, available, and reliable 33-rd magazines.

That's a great-looking Glock 19 by the way.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Just stick with the Glock factory made ones. They work great. I haven't tried the Korean made ones. The Scherers I tried for my G22 sucked.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    I agree, that's half the reason why I bought my 19, LOL. (Big mags)

HK and a few other manufacturers have big mags for their 9mm guns, but they are expensive and hard to come by.

I applaud your choice in ammo and gun.

Texas Bulldog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    San Antonio, Tx
    Thanks guys, Got back from shooting and it went bang every time. It was a very pleseant shooting 9mm.

As for the off brand mags, I have a Korean .40 caliber 31rd mag for my Glock 23c and it has been flawless in approx 600rds.

I shot 350rds today through this and gave it a decent workout of target style shooting and just fun rapid firing slinging lead as fast as possible. even went through 100rds of Federal Hydrashock.

Overall good day :)

JOe

dieselmech

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    dfw
    I have one and a p89 as well I well say both will send down range the worst ammo you can find and not ever fte.

Adionik

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    san antonio
    I went to the range yesterday with my Glock 26 and 33rd mags.

Glock Original - Flawless, every shot.

Korean knock off - 3 Failure to fires before I retired it and put the ammo in another magazine.

Sucks, would've been nice for it to work for $12. Sending it back and getting another 10rd mag

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2009
    Tyler, TX
    Gotta love Glocks. I have three of them in .40SW and just picked up a 31 round mag made in Korea. I'm keeping the mag fully loaded for a week, which is my tradition with new mags...and all my mags have been working flawless.

Go Glock!

ftw13

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Fort Worth
    i have a black g19 but the FDE kicks ass. i love the way it looks,the OD green too....been thinking of getting another one. i wish you could just buy the frames and switch them out. Can't go wrong the the 19 its an awesome weapon. yes 33rd mags are fun,big time. good for the range too!

Jason

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Austiin area
    i have a black g19 but the FDE kicks ass. i love the way it looks,the OD green too....been thinking of getting another one. i wish you could just buy the frames and switch them out. Can't go wrong the the 19 its an awesome weapon. yes 33rd mags are fun,big time. good for the range too!

You can have them Cerakoted any color you want?

The_Hunter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Now Dallas
    33 Round Mags are the main reason I want a 19. Something about a 19 with a 33 round mag and a can just makes me smile :-) Infact that will be my first class III

DRod

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    I have and carry a 19. I bought a ProMag 32rnd magazine. Word of advice. AVOID IT!

I need to get me real some truck (33) magazines.
    Throw some in the glove box and door slots. :)

pheet17

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 24, 2009
    Baytown, Texas
    I have 5 Glock Factory 33rd Mags. Have had ZERO issues with any of them. My buddies, and my Dad, always harrass me about buying top of the line or name brands. But, I still believe you get what you pay for. Often if your willing to be patient you can get the good stuff for just as good a price.

Texas Bulldog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    San Antonio, Tx
    I have 5 Glock Factory 33rd Mags. Have had ZERO issues with any of them. My buddies, and my Dad, always harrass me about buying top of the line or name brands. But, I still believe you get what you pay for. Often if your willing to be patient you can get the good stuff for just as good a price.

Well, with SOME things... sure you could save a few bucks... but when a Semi automatic pistol's reliability depends on a magazine functioning perfectly... I buy the best i can.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rgomez5329
    Top Bottom