Picked up a P-22 today

Madhouse

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mar 17, 2008
Tomball, TX
Went to the Pasadena show this morning and bought a little Walther P-22.

I'll take it plinking tomorrow at the range, but I bought it specifically to put a silencer on it.

Madhouse

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mar 17, 2008
Tomball, TX
P22_01a.jpg

Peter M. Eick

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mar 9, 2008
Houston
I found my longer barrel P22 was quite accurate. I could routinely hit clay pigeons with it at 50 yrds. The key I found was try different ammo till you found what it liked and then keep the barrel tight. Mine tended to loosen during shooting.

ducksps

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mar 3, 2008
Austin, Houston
22 cans

Take a look at this fellow's site http://www.silencerresearch.com/ . He does not advertise or sell anything besides gel to keep the can quite and seems fair.

I have a Gemtech Outback on a p22. It is only ammo sensitive with subsonic ammo which gives little gain. I run Aquilla Standard velocity and any other standard velocity should work fine. The subsonic rounds will work but you loose some reliability and supersonic speeds are not normal out of a 22 pistol anyway.

As much as I love the Gemtech I am about to order another 22 can and that will be a SWR just need to make up my mind on which. The Gemtech is less money and possibly better value.

Have you purchased an NFA item before? A 22 can is the perfect way to start.

regards,
chris

ducksps

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mar 3, 2008
Austin, Houston
silly me

Heck, I missed that you went to the Pasadena show and thus close to me. Shoot me a PM and I will let you try my Gemtech Outback II and bring another can or two along.

regards,
Chris

Products discussed on TGT

Top Bottom