Picked up a P-22 today

Madhouse

Mar 17, 2008
Houston, TX
Went to the Pasadena show this morning and bought a little Walther P-22.

I'll take it plinking tomorrow at the range, but I bought it specifically to put a silencer on it.

Peter M. Eick

Mar 9, 2008
Houston
I found my longer barrel P22 was quite accurate. I could routinely hit clay pigeons with it at 50 yrds. The key I found was try different ammo till you found what it liked and then keep the barrel tight. Mine tended to loosen during shooting.

ducksps

Mar 3, 2008
Austin, Houston
22 cans

Take a look at this fellow's site http://www.silencerresearch.com/ . He does not advertise or sell anything besides gel to keep the can quite and seems fair.

I have a Gemtech Outback on a p22. It is only ammo sensitive with subsonic ammo which gives little gain. I run Aquilla Standard velocity and any other standard velocity should work fine. The subsonic rounds will work but you loose some reliability and supersonic speeds are not normal out of a 22 pistol anyway.

As much as I love the Gemtech I am about to order another 22 can and that will be a SWR just need to make up my mind on which. The Gemtech is less money and possibly better value.

Have you purchased an NFA item before? A 22 can is the perfect way to start.

regards,
chris

ducksps

Mar 3, 2008
Austin, Houston
silly me

Heck, I missed that you went to the Pasadena show and thus close to me. Shoot me a PM and I will let you try my Gemtech Outback II and bring another can or two along.

regards,
Chris

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
Texas Gun Forum Ad
silencers
third coast
Ranier
Tyrant Designs
DK Firearms

Forum statistics

Threads