Here's a pic of my P22, just to make you want a can even more.:D

img0334ph9.jpg
    Guns International

Madhouse

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Tomball, TX
    Well, it's been a long time getting this project furthered, but I finally ordered a can - a SWR Spectre so I can share it with my Five-seveN pistol as well.

:D

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Madhouse, I'd really love to hear how you like that SWR Spectre. Eventually I want to supress something in .22lr. I had originally considered one of those cheapo Tac65 suppressors. They work well enough for anyone's purposes. Though, the more and more I see about SWR, the more I would just rather spend the extra amount on a Spectre as SWR makes some excellent quality stuff.

Madhouse

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Tomball, TX
    Madhouse, I'd really love to hear how you like that SWR Spectre. Eventually I want to supress something in .22lr. I had originally considered one of those cheapo Tac65 suppressors. They work well enough for anyone's purposes. Though, the more and more I see about SWR, the more I would just rather spend the extra amount on a Spectre as SWR makes some excellent quality stuff.

Man, this is one solid piece of engineering. I just went to the range and ran 100 rounds of Remington subsonic, 20 rounds if Winchester white box high velocity and 50 rounds of Aguila through it. All 170 rounds cycled with no issue.

After a few mags of each we alternated subsonic rounds and a high velocity rounds in one mag, so we could listen to see if every other shot was louder/more quiet. To be honest, we could barely discern a difference in sound between the rounds. Obviously we weren't wearing hearing protection, each shot was nothing but a click barely louder than snapping your fingers.

I went with the Spectre because I wanted the flexibility of the multiple calibers. I have 4 weapons I want to use this on - the Walther P-22 is what I used today, but I also will use it on my GSG-5, FN Five-seveN and FN PS-90. It's good for .17 HMR as well, but I don't have anything in that caliber.

So, I'm giving the SWR Spectre the thumbs up!!

w-thompson

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    I picked up my P22 the weekend before last. It is a long barrel blue slide model.
    I had a friend with a short barrel and another friend with a long barrel and
    liked the long barrel better. While mine came with 2 mags only one had the
    finger grip floorplate. I took it to the range last Monday and ran about 490
    rounds through it, not a single failure the whole day. 450 rounds was an old
    box of federal 550 pack bought from wal-mart a few years ago (I ran 100 of
    them through my AR with my new 22lr conversion). The remaining 40 rounds was
    Ely target and some remington target ammo. I ran one mag each of the
    target stuff after about 200 rounds of the cheap stuff and 2 more mags after
    470 rounds. My P22 seemed to like the Ely target stuff as after 470 rounds
    I got a 2" group at 15yds, the Remington stuff gave about a 3" group. I am
    really happy with it so far. I have thread adapter and a Gemtech Outback II
    in the works for it.

-Wayne

Randy45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2008
    Austin
    we picked up a P-22 for my wife about two years ago she has put about 2000 rnds through hers. It is a really nice pistol. She had never touched a gun before this, she totally loves it. I do all the cleanup work after we go to the range (anything to keep her shooting and happy). We have had no problems with this pistol. I have been thinking about buying myself a P-99. Really like the look and feel of the pistol..for Christmas I ordered here the Walther P-22 laser sight. Now we need to go out and sight it in. Can' wait.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Thanks for the reply Madhouse. It looks like I'm definitely going with the Spectre then. ;) Come to think of it, I think I'm going to have to go with SWR for pretty much every suppressor I buy in the future. Their stuff is just too nice.

Madhouse

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Tomball, TX
    Thanks for the reply Madhouse. It looks like I'm definitely going with the Spectre then. ;) Come to think of it, I think I'm going to have to go with SWR for pretty much every suppressor I buy in the future. Their stuff is just too nice.

Next month I'll be able to let you know my impressions of the QSM titanium 223 silencer.

Top Bottom