• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wraith

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2009
    DFW
    I love my Colt Defender for a carry gun, feeds anything, doesn't hiccup. Also loved my GI Rock Island 5", best value for the money in my opinion. I know a few guys that own several of the high end 1911's and they daily the Rock Island still, you won't cry if it rusts or scratches.
    Gun Zone Deals

shellshook

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2009
    Austin
    In 3"ers;

I have to agree with the Colt Defender...it's light, stainless, .45, and has been absolutely reliable.....never FTE or FTF.....just works.

I have an SA Ultra Compact...it's ammo sensitive...don't trust it with 400 rounds through it. I FTE's about every second mag when shooting.

Also have a Colt Night Defender and New Agent....both are great 3" guns, light, reliable, but both have blueing and I carry IWB under a tucked shirt, which means

I have to clean them because of sweat 3X that of the standard SS Defender. The Night Defender started showing rust on the slide serration. Had to clean and oil it daily.

In 4"ers;

I have Colt Commanders in all steel and lightweight, and Champions both ways. I can't say anything bad about any of them other than the all steel ones get a little heavy at the end of the day. All the 4"ers work with all ammos I feed them. All have been totally reliable.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    One of the biggest things to think about on a 1911 is what do you want on the gun? If you just want bare bones, then a "G.I." or milspec is perfect. If you want all the bells and whistles, then get a gun with them from the factory. Springfield, Kimber, Taurus, and others offer alot of options right out of the box.

Starting with a basic gun and adding options as you go is more expensive than buying an upgraded gun.

S&W439

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2009
    Hardin, Texas
    I have read in this post about Para's , "be aware" it read. Can some one tell me about them and what is the problem with them. I was looking at one last week and they seem to be reasonably priced and some of the reviews I read were good.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Just got some new IWB holsters that a cousin custom-made for my Wilson and Randall LeMay - can't wait to get 'em form-fitted and try 'em out on carry - they fully shield the gun from your skin, so should be less perspiration issues....

Oh, yeah - HarleyMech - just got me another Colt Series 70. Looks like the day it came outta the factory.....

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Hell George, if you are going to start feeling generous, how about letting me have that Sentinal??????

Ya know, I got up this morning, and had decided to do just that - THEN discover you don't even know how to spell "Sentinel"! I just couldn't do that to the gun.....so reckon ah'll jest hafta keep it, sorry!!!

Top Bottom