• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • motorcarman

Compulsive Collector
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 13, 2015
    Rural Wise County, TX.
    Back in the 1980s my buddy and I started carrying (in our cars) orange plastic 12 gauge flare pistols with the short flares because they were NOT considered firearms.
    We got them mail order so I knew that was true.

I don't think I would want to get shot with one but one of the guys he knew laughed and said he did not think it would scare anyone or even hurt that much.

He shot a round off at a target at the guys 5 acre place in a rural area and the guy was convinced that it was a scary thing.

It set the grass on fire and went a lot faster & farther than he thought it would.
    They grabbed a water fire extinguisher and the garden hose and everything was back to normal.

At close range it might hurt a little?? I thought it was better than nothing and you would likely not be arrested for carry in the car.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    Another source, but looks like only about 70 or so left. However, a little cheaper then Kosher plus they don't charge sales tax.

For 14 boxes you would save about $32 at Military Shooters, after 14 the shipping at MS starts to climb above Kosher's flat rate.

https://www.militaryshooters.com/piney-mountain-40gr-red-tracer-50-rds

Looks like Kosher adjusted their price on this....

They've added free shipping for 11 boxes or more and added a coupon PINEY5 for 5% off a box.

gshayd

Ugliest house on the block.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2018
    Beaumont, Texas
    Tracers should be used with caution as they will start fires in dry conditions. Too many times on a military range having to call range control for a cease-fire and go downrange with the beaters to put fires out. So if you plan on using them pay attention to local conditions or that could be some really expensive tracer ammunition.

Top Bottom