Join TexasGunTalk

Piney Woods / East Texas shooters .... where are you?

Discussion in 'Other Areas' started by Glockster69, Feb 7, 2014.

1. glazer1972

glazer1972 Member

Aug 12, 2013
    E.TX
    Lufkin. I shoot at the Angelina Rifle and Pistol Club.

2. Charlie

Charlie Kinda' Sorta' Literate TGT Supporter

Mar 19, 2008
    Kerr County
    Welcome!

On another note, we need Glockster69 back! :green:

3. Smokey613

Smokey613 New Member

Oct 30, 2016
    Lufkin
    Lufkin. If I go to a public range it's Evans Brothers just out of Huntington. Mostly I use the LPD or ACSO range. Most public ranges have no provisions to allow holstered or movement drills.

4. kenboyles72

kenboyles72 Member

Oct 15, 2017
    Gladewater,TX
    Live in Gladewater and my family owns 50 acres here. We sold off a lot of red clay a while back, which left a 30' sheer wall to shoot into. I have divided it into two sections, one for pistol shooting with various target types and one for rifle shooting. Rifle section is aligned with a road for up to 200yrd shooting. Been shooting down there for the last 30 yrs, imagine the amount of lead that has been deposited there over that period of time :D

5. Charlie

Charlie Kinda' Sorta' Literate TGT Supporter

Mar 19, 2008
    Kerr County
    We will all be out there soon! :green:

6. kenboyles72

kenboyles72 Member

Oct 15, 2017
    Gladewater,TX
    Although I am not a licensed instructor, I have though about doing a "Getting to know your gun" class. This will not be like a CHL class, but more like a introduction to basic firearm shooting and safety and mainly to those I know. Getting people use to handling a gun and firing it will benefit them before taking a CHL class. This would be a free course, not out to make money from it, just want others to know how to properly handle a firearm.

Right now, only way down there is on a ATV, as the darn beavers caused the road to wash out. Once I get the road fixed and shooting area de-brushed again, may just do it, dunno yet.

seeker_two likes this.
  7. deemus

deemus TGT Addict

Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    What happened to him? Funny guy as I recall. Never heard the story of why / how he exited the building.

Care to share?