Pink Floyd

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Texas1911, Mar 3, 2009.

1. Texas1911

Texas1911 TGT Addict

May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Is the greatest band there ever will be. I need to start collecting all of their vinyl.

2. phatcyclist

phatcyclist Active Member

Feb 22, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Dark Side of the Moon is one of my favorites.

3. JKTex

JKTex Well-Known

Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    Out of what little vinyl I have left from over the years, I've still got The Wall.

I have no turntable, but I have the vinyl!

4. I'm a meatcutter & just got transfered to a location where I get to hear some Pink Floyd while I work. Kind of sad that the music of my youth is now elevator music.

5. glockrocker

glockrocker Member

Dec 11, 2008
    Austin, TX
    You talking about that emo crap baboon? I dont know what I would do if I had a son that wore girls pants. Anyways, yes Pink Floyd IS without a doubt the greatest band that ever was or ever will be. Im depressed I couldnt afford to go to the PF laser show a couple Fridays back.

6. DCortez

DCortez TGT Addict

Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    I saw something on TV the other night mentioning the vinyl comeback.

7. Morgan

Morgan Member

Dec 2, 2008
    DFW
    Vinyl doesn't have to make a comeback, it never left for a lot of folks. LOL But I don't think it'll ever be back to what it was, the digital media is too convenient and robust.

8. MadMo44Mag

MadMo44Mag TGT Addict

Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth

Yeah, but the cool thing is bands like the "Floyd" are still popular with youths today just like the Stone's and a few others.
    I have to admit I would rather hear the "Floyd" in an elevator over John Denver any day even if it's done by the Boston Philharmonic. ;)

9. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Active Member

Jan 9, 2009
    Round Rock
    I have heard sthe same 4 Floyd songs SOOOOO over played that I am sick of them. They were ground breaking music pioneers but the commercial media (KLBJ-FM Austin) has ruined them for me.