Pinned and welded picture thread

Luigimoto

Jan 23, 2013
Tejas
I had a tavor. The short one has a 16 inch barrel. I’m pretty sure it has no NFA issues. You don’t have to pin it. Unless you are trying to go shorter. I traded mine for an aero 300 blackout pistol. Guy came out ahead but I was happy to be rid of it. I never got used to it and much prefer a short barreled AR. Sorry mine was the SAR. Not sure about the X95.

MacZC7

Well-Known
Jul 11, 2020
Texas
To be a rifle and not an NFA limited SBR, the barrel of a rifle has to be 16”. If you pin & weld the muzzle device so it can’t be removed, they measure it as part of the barrel.

It’s a way to save an inch of length or so on a rifle without it qualifying as an SBR.
Thank you sir

PeoplePhobic

Sep 28, 2020
Longview
I had a tavor. The short one has a 16 inch barrel. I’m pretty sure it has no NFA issues. You don’t have to pin it. Unless you are trying to go shorter. I traded mine for an aero 300 blackout pistol. Guy came out ahead but I was happy to be rid of it. I never got used to it and much prefer a short barreled AR. Sorry mine was the SAR. Not sure about the X95.
For NY I would need to get rid of the threaded barrel on it and it also cannot have a flash hider or a brake so it would be done in the hopes of making it compliant with their bullshit.

PeoplePhobic

Sep 28, 2020
Longview
Looking for in a new handguard that doesn’t burn the shit out of my hands after firing 5 rounds...

Modern Carbine MC5 with MC6 internals, 10.3 barrel with a Griffin Recce 5 pinned/welded for a 16” barrel length.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
It's my understanding that suppressors get hotter than barrels so maybe go with a shorter handguard. Then maybe not as much heat will transfer to it. You can get one of those nylon covers over the suppressor so you won't get burned from it and it should help with mirage and stuff. I always grab the magwell on an AR unless I'm messing with a flashlight so I dunno. Seeing where your m-lok covers are I think you can probably go a little shorter.

cvgunman

Well-Known
Oct 9, 2017
Mckinney TX
LOL! It’s staying put on my Ghetto Blaster.

I’m now looking for two optics to replace the ones I sold

What optics are you thinking of next?
What caliber is the rifle?
Where can I get a "Killery" behind bars mag?

pronstar

TGT Addict
TGT Supporter
Jul 2, 2017
Dallas
It's my understanding that suppressors get hotter than barrels so maybe go with a shorter handguard. Then maybe not as much heat will transfer to it. You can get one of those nylon covers over the suppressor so you won't get burned from it and it should help with mirage and stuff. I always grab the magwell on an AR unless I'm messing with a flashlight so I dunno. Seeing where your m-lok covers are I think you can probably go a little shorter.
I found a 10.5” Midwest handguard in stock yesterday, 1.75” ID designed to slip over a can

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
Texas Gun Forum Ad
silencers
third coast
Ranier
Tyrant Designs
DK Firearms

Forum statistics

Threads
Members