Pinty Tactical 1x40mm Reflex Red Green Dot Sight

TexMex247

TGT Addict
TGT Supporter
May 11, 2009
Leander(NW Austin)
I have one on a 10/22 I used to replace a Trs25. I like the 40mm lens but the dot itself is probably 4 moa. Not at all conducive to accuracy but good for fast target acquisition at closer ranges.

rmantoo

Cranky old fart: Pull my finger
Jan 9, 2013
San Angelo
I stick with Vortex, or Leupold, generally... for red dots, 100%. They both are US companies (I'm sure their manf facilities and what not are in chiina, whatever) with solid, long-term reputations for honoring their lifetime warranties even on electronics.

For $150 or so you can get a vortex Amazon product
I have 2 of them and they are durable. I know a bunch of people who run them and I'd seriously recommend spending the extra money on one vs a pinty/etc.

I know, that's 5x a pinty... Still...just me.

Younggun

Ginger Avenger
TGT Supporter
Admin
Jul 31, 2011
hill co.
I think it depends on the use.

I put a rails top cover on an Uzi model B. But since the top cover isn’t really locked in place accuracy will never be great. So something like that would be just fine as long as it doesn’t break.

I’ve had other stuff where it would be fine to have a little RDS to throw on it, but not the end of the world if it broke. Same thing. Not worth $150 to add, but why not throw $30 at it. If it’s something I plan to use for self defense or hunting I’d probably spend more.

I have noticed the dot tends to be less crisp on the cheaper models.

Might pick one up for a HandiRifle. Been trying to decide what I want on it.

I’ve got a PA micro that’s held up pretty well for several years also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Primary

TexasGunTalk Assistant
Here are some related products that TexasGunTalk members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TexasGunTalk’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TexasGunTalk discussions about these products.

Support

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
silencers
third coast
DK Firearms
Tyrant Designs
Ranier
Shroud

Forum statistics

Threads
Members