• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    VATRE A (tax rate reduction - yea, right) 9,000,000$ for increased wages and budget deficit (over budget spending by 38M$).
    Bond B 1,172,976,000$ for safety & school renovations. 1.1Billion $ folks.
    Bond c 173,450,000$ for AV, data center upgrade. They put the guy who got the last IT spending in jail.
    Bond D 130,000,000$ for special event center - sports and grad ceremonies.
    Bond E 19,212,000$ for stadium maintenance and concessions, parking lot repaving. 2 stadiums.
    PISD says NO increase in tax 'rate'. Doesn't indicate actual taxes won't go up. Losing Fed $ and avg house value is 530K$ - till the recession hits home. More political BS. My school taxes go up every year, for 20 yrs.
    1.3 B$ Bond election 2022
    $481 million in 2016, primarily for performing/fine arts at PESH - recently completed. 60% of PISD secondary students are fine arts majors. No wonder they can't add or subtract. Or hold a job. Neighbor said her son (music degree) 22 yr old, dating(?) 29 yr old music major, called mom to see what to do as he totaled the car mom gave him. Really! A HS kid knocked on the door, wanting funds for a (sponsored) trip to Galveston. I asked if he mowed lawns. Nope!
    Total silliness to me.
    Guns International

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Where is PISD?

Pflugerville. When I grew up there it was pop. 549 and there was one school house. When I started kindergarten, they opened the second school house (high school) and shortly there after an elementary for a total of three school houses.

Last I heard they were up to 18 or so.

Sad.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Start an email campaign. Short, straight to the point message. See if you can get folks to send to all their contacts.

I have seen large wasteful bond campaigns in big districts voted down.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    I vote no on all bond election and tax raises for schools and tell everyone I can to do the same. They have enough money to build indoor practice football facilities and schools that are Taj Mahal lik then they got enough money peroid.

Not all districts are like this but ones with large expanding tax bases and sky high property values are. They should properly manage what they got.

Tex929rr

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 11, 2015
    Welfare, TX
    Which is why a lot of ISDs have figured out how to use bonds for things bonds shouldn’t be used for.
    I’m curious as to where you see this as it’s pretty tightly regulated. We sometimes have parents ask us why we don’t use bonds for things like teacher pay, and we have to tell them it’s not legal to a bond election for it.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    I’m curious as to where you see this as it’s pretty tightly regulated. We sometimes have parents ask us why we don’t use bonds for things like teacher pay, and we have to tell them it’s not legal to a bond election for it.

The AV bonds are what I believe should fall under M&O, but most districts shoehorn it into infrastructure as a separate line item. Building a new school should take the network infrastructure part into account there while tech refresh and associated end user software and peripherals, etc. should be pure M&O and not sold every three years as an infrastructure upgrade.

alwho421

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2019
    Bartlett
    building of huge high schools is the biggest reason students aren't educated. Schools are too large to be managed students slide though unnoticed.. Plus schools are incentivized to keep students in school not to educate them.

Top Bottom