• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • O.S.O.K. 1961

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2018
    SATX Northwest Quadrant
    Repeat after me "I shall not comply". Let's do hope that the first court that hears the coming suit will see that existing, recent SCOTUS rulings already cover this and have ruled it unConstitutional. And if this doesn't show and prove that our federal government as been taken over by communists, I don't know what else would.

I'm pretty sure that with every infringement and abuse of our rights - especially those affirmed (not that this is needed) by SCOTUS rulings, we get a step closer to the needed but onerous remedy.
    Military Camp

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Given my background, I'm coming up with more and more cases where single shot bolt action target pistols will become SBRs.

This is insane.

I’ve got a box of stripped AR lowers where the 4473 Section C Box 24 is marked “other”. That alone could be probable cause for a constructive possession investigation.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I’ve got a box of stripped AR lowers where the 4473 Section C Box 24 is marked “other”. That alone could be probable cause for a constructive possession investigation.
    I've got a benchrest rifle action that pre-dates the Thompson Center case but was originally papered as a pistol. There should be no nexus between that rifle and this rule but it's looking more and more like that's not the case.

Hell, I might SBR it just to be an ass.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Probably best to send your own email in your own words directly to your elected representatives. I suspect they recognize the canned responses and wonder if they pay even less attention to them.

Staffers just count the number of emails for-against on a topic and might send a canned reply.

The politician is going to do what the politicians wants; if it just happens to align with what any one constituent wants, well all the better.

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    Probably best to send your own email in your own words directly to your elected representatives. I suspect they recognize the canned responses and wonder if they pay even less attention to them.

Less than they pay to their constituency in general?.....can fucks actually go into negative numbers?

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    I've got a benchrest rifle action that pre-dates the Thompson Center case but was originally papered as a pistol. There should be no nexus between that rifle and this rule but it's looking more and more like that's not the case.

Hell, I might SBR it just to be an ass.

I think I’m doing nothing, for the exact same reason.

Ozzman

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 17, 2015
    El Paso, Texas
    Could you imagine being hired to go door-to-door to check gun owners if they complied with the ruling?

Reminds me of the song "My Town" lyric:

"This is my home
    I'll be standing here alone
    And if you're ready to see hell
    Come on in and ring the bell"...

Now, as for me... I lost all my braces at the dentist's office.

RoadRunner

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 30, 2018
    Here
    I think that the pre-written letters from the GOA may actually have a greater impact because it lets them know that the millions of GOA members are against anything that is anti-2A. And it also lets them know how powerful the GOA is and that helps the GOA lobbyists.

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    How will ATF identify owners of pistols except through mostly illegally obtained 4473's or distributor shipping records for complete pistols or complete lowers?

They'd go on a lot of wild goose chases going after stripped receivers, and I can't see them claiming authority to obtain short upper or barrel shipping records...

If you built something on a stripped receiver, how would they know what you built?

I'm thinking the show trials will be for complete pistols, especially those that were bought directly and shipped to FFL's for transfer, assuming that the SCOTUS, courts, states, and citizens allow it...

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    They won't be false flags when they happen at people's front doors after 120 days passes, but I wouldn't be suprised if what you suggest happens first.
    Look at NY AR ban..mass non-compliance..this will be the same only on a national level. They haven't done much in NY about it..imagine trying to on a national level?

DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    With the latest bad news from ATF for those who have a pistol brace, Ian McCollum from Forgotten Weapons explains why short barreled rifles are regulated in the US.

He says in the video, "The simple truth is that short rifles and short shotguns were never a problem, and continue to not be a problem today. The 1934 National Firearms Act originally wanted to restrict handgun ownership, and the clauses relating to SBRs and SBSs were simply to close the loophole of a person cutting down a rifle or shotgun to get around a handgun prohibition."

Watch the video so you can be better informed on the subject when you contact your members of Congress to complain about the new rule. IMO, the rule will go into effect for now, ATF will not enforce in large measure except a few showcase arrests to scare lawful and responsible gun owners, various 2A organizations will sue in federal courts where something might happen. The rule won't be changed until there is a 2A supporter swore in on 1/20/2025 as POTUS and appoints new ATF director.

Attachments

• Best-AR15-Pistol-Brace.jpg
      Best-AR15-Pistol-Brace.jpg
      30.9 KB · Views: 52
    Last edited:
    Top Bottom