• ...and so much more!
  • Eastexasrick

Isn't it pretty to think so.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2022
    Naples TX.
    Scalia literally said the plain language of a SCOTUS decision doesn't necessarily mean what it says.

We've been in bizarro world for a long, long time.
    Ben, your comment reminded me of a quote, remember this one?

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
    Lynx Defense

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Ben, your comment reminded me of a quote, remember this one?

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
    No. I had to look it up. Interesting and thanks.

Just for my edification, in your opinion, who's misunderstanding who in this situation?

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    <>

We had supper w/ our “Regional ATF Liaison” Guy last night.

He says they are being told to allow “pistol braces”, and to expect the entire issue to just go-away.

”Enforcement agencies cannot expand the Laws; only the legislature can.”

For me; this always seemed a dumb idea by our “deep state”, anyway.

After watching the NFA for over a half-century; the entire thing was a bad idea. I recall that the murder of JFK somehow precipitated this Law, which has never had the intended effects, anyway. Just an excercise in over-reaching governmental masturbation.

Limiting silencers, select-fire, full-auto, short bbl’s, etc. seem, from today, so ineffective in controlling violence & crime in modern society.

<>

Eastexasrick

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2022
    Naples TX.
    No. I had to look it up. Interesting and thanks.

Just for my edification, in your opinion, who's misunderstanding who in this situation?
    Just my opinion, and I don't like it, but it is how I think this will play out.
    I believe Scalia is indicating that this decision, no matter how plain the language is, or how clear the message it appears to send is, is stating the decision:
    Is no broader than a split hair
    Will not to be used to cascade into a reaffirmation of the 2A, in its constitutional form.
    Will not be allowed to change any " historical" affirmation of, and in, cases against the NFA, and its prodigy

Eastexasrick

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2022
    Naples TX.
    <>

<>
    spy.jpg

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    <>

He says they are being told to allow “pistol braces”, and to expect the entire issue to just go-away.

”Enforcement agencies cannot expand the Laws; only the legislature can.”

For me; this always seemed a dumb idea by our “deep state”, anyway.

After watching the NFA for over a half-century; the entire thing was a bad idea. I recall that the murder of JFK somehow precipitated this Law, which has never had the intended effects, anyway. Just an excercise in over-reaching governmental masturbation.

Limiting silencers, select-fire, full-auto, short bbl’s, etc. seem, from today, so ineffective in controlling violence & crime in modern society.

<>

That would be the Gun Control Act of 1968, not the National Firearms Act of 1934.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    55 days. I hope they just don't dump them all cause I would have sbr the AP5 eventually anyways cause I'm planning on getting a couple stocks for it and would have to start all over and pay 200 bucks.

I wonder if they are dragging their feet on these cause they expect the rule to be shit canned and don't want people getting free stamps? That's kinda petty.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    <>

I am undergoing similar delays with a completely different issue in a completely different nearby State.

The Large State University’s Medical Center, in its largest City, called upon me for assistance with highly technical medical issues, b/c the Physicians now in charge there were familiar with my earlier clinical work.

BUT,

For me to do so requires another State license.

The several extremely detailed applications were completed & submitted months back. Yet we wait, despite pressure on the licensing agency, from their OWN University, to proceed.

Worse, I have already gone through all of this, for this same State, in the past, successfully.

Yet they go at a snail’s pace, “confirming” details WHICH THEY HAVE ALREADY CONFIRMED, and already exist in their own files.

Meanwhile, their Citizens suffer because of their delays.

Bureaucracy at its finest !

No matter the question, the answer is this: Government is the enemy of Liberty. Bigger Government is a bigger ENEMY.

leVieux

<>

Last edited:

MountainGirl

Never underestimate the abilities of an old woman.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Ten Oaks
    If you're not making a joke, I have to wonder how much money is being squandered because refunds delayed that long are earning interest.

I suspect the number is quite large.
    It is no joke. We figured it got lost/mis-mailed because of the move (between Katy & out here). The amount of the check ($368) matches the amount due back in refund; if someone is collecting interest for that delay - it aint us.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    It is no joke. We figured it got lost/mis-mailed because of the move (between Katy & out here). The amount of the check ($368) matches the amount due back in refund; if someone is collecting interest for that delay - it aint us.
    You're probably right about the mis-delivery. The IRS is required to pay interest on delayed refunds. However, their obligation ends when they issue the refund. After that the refund can lounge in the dead letter office forever and there will be no more interest paid.

MountainGirl

Never underestimate the abilities of an old woman.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Ten Oaks
    You're probably right about the mis-delivery. The IRS is required to pay interest on delayed refunds. However, their obligation ends when they issue the refund. After that the refund can lounge in the dead letter office forever and there will be no more interest paid.
    'Mis-delivery' was our guess until we got it. The address printed on the check was the new one, which was effective as of July 2022...the check itself was dated 06/23/2023.

p.s... FJB.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom