• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lightflyer1

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 2, 2015
    For those upset at those who registered, just understand like MOST places in life, people talk a big game but when the rubber hits the road they're mostly full of shit, it's better to find out now than when you may be depending on them to save your life.
    The same kind of holds true for those who did absolutely nothing. That alone does not prove that they are someone you can depend on.
    Guns International

lightflyer1

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 2, 2015
    The same kind of holds true for those who did absolutely nothing. That alone does not prove that they are someone you can depend on.
    Also, it really makes not much difference for me as I've already filed many of these and they already know everything about me. I've had multiple background checks since my military days when I was 18 years old. Complying or not really isn't the point for me.

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    So anyone that owns/has registered NFA items is now a traitor?
    I think it's more of the fact that the ATF basically made a law out of thin air without going through Congress, and people just complied with it in exchange for a $200 waiver. That could easily be seen as being a sellout.

pdog109

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2023
    San Angelo
    You're missing the point. Win or lose, they now know how many people would comply with their blatantly unconstitutional BS. By complying, you're encouraging them to do it again in the future. Luckily, most didn't feel that complying in exchange for saving $200 was worth it.

What if I paid the 200$ after the fact because I just got into SBRs? I had to pay 200$ to get a suppressor which is also blatantly unconstitutional so how is this any different?

pdog109

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2023
    San Angelo
    What about those of us who were going to do it anyways. Are we traitors? Lots of folks with non AR type pistols sbr anyways.

But those don't involve braces, and I'd probably guess that the AR pistols vastly out-number non-AR type pistols. To me this is just a simple cash grab. If i could put a pistol brace on my AR and forego the 200$ tax stamp and not SBR, why wouldn't I? The ATF figured this out after it realized it was losing out on 200$ a pop by saying hey these folks are not paying us 200$ they are just buying braces instead! All this is is a way for the ATF to get their money back.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    What if I paid the 200$ after the fact because I just got into SBRs? I had to pay 200$ to get a suppressor which is also blatantly unconstitutional so how is this any different?
    Its like if the ATF suddenly decided that flashhiders were an NFA item...

We all knew the rules, then someone changed the rules after agreeing to them. Thats FUBAR.

The normal $200 permission to exercise our rights of bad enough, but to say something is OK then change their mind years and years later is fucked

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    What if I paid the 200$ after the fact because I just got into SBRs?
    Then that has nothing to do with registering a pistol brace, which was not an NFA item up until the point that the ATF decided it magically become one overnight.

Do not register non-NFA items as NFA items. You do not want to set that precedence.

CavCop

CAVCOP on Rumble
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2016
    Central TX
    I just hope after the ATF gets smacked down in court they might make it legal to add a stock to pistols.

One day I might have to SBR a bunch of stuff. But I am waiting as long as I can.

I thought about getting a free “pistol brace” tax stamp, make an SBR later. But will wait it out.

This HK pistol and another were made for stocks.

IMG_3910.jpeg

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    Be serious.

We all knew the ATF screwed up when they said braces weren't stocks. They screwed up even further when they ruled shouldering a brace wasn't the same as shouldering a stock.

We were lucky in that for a decade they remained clueless to those realities, then under our current anti-gun administration, they suddenly an "epiphany!" What a surprise!

They could have screwed everyone with a brace on an AR pistol hard by simply saying it was an NFA weapon (which, essentially it is) and made us register them using the usual process.

There was consideration over the fact that the ATF considered these firearms NOT to be NFA for over ten years, so the $200 tax stamp was waived as was the usual requirement to engrave the firearm as the maker.

To the keyboard rebels who simply won't comply, good luck to you.

Mostly likely you won't get caught with an unregistered NFA weapon, but for those of us who can't risk such a felony we made the right choice and filed our eForm 1s.

And honestly, I don't give the slightest of shits what you think about that decision.

For me there is simply too much at stake to risk it.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Be serious.

We all knew the ATF screwed up when they said braces weren't stocks. They screwed up even further when they ruled shouldering a brace wasn't the same as shouldering a stock.

We were lucky in that for a decade they remained clueless to those realities, then under our current anti-gun administration, they suddenly an "epiphany!" What a surprise!

They could have screwed everyone with a brace on an AR pistol hard by simply saying it was an NFA weapon (which, essentially it is) and made us register them using the usual process.

There was consideration over the fact that the ATF considered these firearms NOT to be NFA for over ten years, so the $200 tax stamp was waived as was the usual requirement to engrave the firearm as the maker.

Mostly likely you won't get caught with an unregistered NFA weapon, but for those of us who can't risk such a felony we made the right choice and filed our eForm 1s.

And honestly, I don't give the slightest of shits what you think about that decision.

No, we took advantage of the ATF not violating our rights to keep and bear arms.

Them being wishy-washy about what is or isn't against their rules isn't our problem when they write the rules.

F the ATF

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Be serious.

You know just taking the brace off was always an option too, right? Don't act like your only options were to commit a felony or to register your braced pistol. That's not why you did it. You saw a free tax stamp and couldn't help yourself.

PinnedandRecessed

Allegedly
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 11, 2019
    Hays County
    I think it's more of the fact that the ATF basically made a law out of thin air without going through Congress, and people just complied with it in exchange for a $200 waiver. That could easily be seen as being a sellout.
    Sooo, registering SBR's prior to Jan 31st and after May 31st (2023) = ok. Between those dates = sellout. Got it.

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sooo, registering SBR's prior to Jan 31st and after May 31st (2023) = ok. Between those dates = sellout. Got it.
    No, this isn't about registering an SBR. This is about registering a non-NFA firearm just because the ATF waves a free tax stamp in front of your face.

Mike_from_Texas

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    North Texas
    Be serious.

I simply disagree with your position on them screwing up on them not considering braced weapons being an NFA item. They made that decision and co firmed it later.

This is politically motivated and nothing more.

All the social media whores didn’t help by posting shit all the time either. Much like now 80% frames. Neither of these were on anyone’s radar until people started posting shit all over social media.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Concerning the NFA and GCA, yes; but not about the braces.

They are stocks and were used as such. Anyone who claims otherwise is dillusional. Just because the ATF screwed up doesn't change that fact.

Some people have to quit kidding themselves...
    So what. They shouldn't be able to change the rules and go back on their word.

Braces are not stocks the ATF said so when specifically asked, even if they are shouldered the ATF said it wasnt a stock.

Top Bottom