• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    I buy a lot of stuff on line and sign up for sales alerts. Lately, every sales bulletin is featuring some pretty big price cuts on AR based pistols. Got one today offering their $649, 7.5 inch 5.56 AR pistol for $379, plenty more like that in the 30% range.

Is this a 'get them while you can sale' or 'we can't sell them if a tax stamp is required so clear out the inventory sale?'
    What do you guys think?
    Both
    ARJ Defense ad

DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    Attached is an editorial from the liberal Dallas Morning News stating the gun brace rule is common sense. The paper has been against most 2A positive results such as TX concealed handgun license in 1995.

In part the editorial states;
    "The Texas Public Policy Foundation sued, claiming that the new rule will “turn millions of law-abiding citizens into felons by bureaucratic diktat, in direct violation of both the structural limits in the U.S. Constitution and the Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms. The rule does none of those things...Chance Weldon, the Texas Public Policy Foundation’s director of litigation, said his group’s problem with the rule is about constitutional law, not culture wars. He said the rule violates the Second Amendment, and even if it didn’t, it should come from Congress, not bureaucrats. Those arguments require logical and constitutional gymnastics. In our view, the bureau whose mission is to regulate firearms has the right to regulate firearms, especially as it relates to a law that has been on the books for nearly a century."

There is so much wrong with their editorial but to be expected from libs. As others have pointed out on this topic I won't rehash them here. Just note that this is what the general public is being told about this rule. Fortunately not too many as circulation is about 65K.

Attachments

• Gun brace rule is common sense.pdf
      1.3 MB · Views: 71

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Attached is an editorial from the liberal Dallas Morning News stating the gun brace rule is common sense. The paper has been against most 2A positive results such as TX concealed handgun license in 1995.

In part the editorial states;
    "The Texas Public Policy Foundation sued, claiming that the new rule will “turn millions of law-abiding citizens into felons by bureaucratic diktat, in direct violation of both the structural limits in the U.S. Constitution and the Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms. The rule does none of those things...Chance Weldon, the Texas Public Policy Foundation’s director of litigation, said his group’s problem with the rule is about constitutional law, not culture wars. He said the rule violates the Second Amendment, and even if it didn’t, it should come from Congress, not bureaucrats. Those arguments require logical and constitutional gymnastics. In our view, the bureau whose mission is to regulate firearms has the right to regulate firearms, especially as it relates to a law that has been on the books for nearly a century."

There is so much wrong with their editorial but to be expected from libs. As others have pointed out on this topic I won't rehash them here. Just note that this is what the general public is being told about this rule. Fortunately not too many as circulation is about 65K.
    Shows they are ignorant of the Constitution as well.

No surprise.

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    Are we going to submit letters to the editor? I think I'll try. There is a link in the attachment.

Edit to add: It seems to have worked. It said it was accepted.

Last edited:

DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    5 Point message to ATF from Tom Grieve YouTube channel.

In this video, ex-prosecutor Tom Grieve briefly (graded on a lawyer scale) outlines his numbered hopes for how the ATF can address (impossible to repair) the damage that they have caused with the pistol brace rule changes.

He writes;
    "No, I am not naive enough to think that making a video on YouTube will change anything. Yes, I 100% believe in and support the lawsuits to bring about change through the courts. But I am also not cynical enough to think that building a narrative beyond "shall not be infringed" won't help the 2a cause grow and to spread the good news. Repeating that like a chant, no matter how correct it is, is not a way to make friends and influence enemies (emphasis me). This means we must build a broad coalition of individuals from all walks of life to realize that *everyone* has a vested stake and interest in the future of 2nd amendment: regardless of what they look like, where they are from, or who they vote for."

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015

NRA, 25 states sue Biden ATF to stop 'arbitrary' and 'unlawful' pistol brace rule​

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/nr...atf-stop-arbitrary-unlawful-pistol-brace-rule

The National Rifle Association (NRA) is challenging a move by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) to regulate guns equipped with stabilizing braces, also called pistol arm braces, like short-barreled rifles, which require a federal license to own under the National Firearms Act (NFA). In a federal lawsuit being filed in North Dakota Thursday, the NRA argues that ATF's new rule is "arbitrary" and vague to the point of being an "abuse of power."

NRA is joined in the lawsuit by SB Tactical, B&T USA, Wounded Warrior Richard Cicero, and a coalition of 25 states led by West Virginia Attorney General Patrick Morrisey and North Dakota Attorney General Drew Wrigley, including Alabama, Alaska, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New Hampshire, Oklahoma, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah, Virginia and Wyoming.

WHY IS TEXAS NOT ON THIS LIST!

Contact the state AG's office and tell them to join the lawsuit.

DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas

NRA, 25 states sue Biden ATF to stop 'arbitrary' and 'unlawful' pistol brace rule​

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/nr...atf-stop-arbitrary-unlawful-pistol-brace-rule

The National Rifle Association (NRA) is challenging a move by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) to regulate guns equipped with stabilizing braces, also called pistol arm braces, like short-barreled rifles, which require a federal license to own under the National Firearms Act (NFA). In a federal lawsuit being filed in North Dakota Thursday, the NRA argues that ATF's new rule is "arbitrary" and vague to the point of being an "abuse of power."

NRA is joined in the lawsuit by SB Tactical, B&T USA, Wounded Warrior Richard Cicero, and a coalition of 25 states led by West Virginia Attorney General Patrick Morrisey and North Dakota Attorney General Drew Wrigley, including Alabama, Alaska, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New Hampshire, Oklahoma, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah, Virginia and Wyoming.

WHY IS TEXAS NOT ON THIS LIST!

Contact the state AG's office and tell them to join the lawsuit.
    Texas AG is suing according to AG website 2/9/2023. Attorney General Paxton is partnering with Gun Owners of America in this lawsuit.

DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    I must make another GOA contribution and throw off the spring budget! I also have more appreciation of my vote for Paxton.
    Very commendable to contribute to GOA and great example to others on this forum. The legal battles by individuals to combat unconstitutional 2A laws need the help and support of national and state 2A advocates. Membership is one small way to support the fight. Its not enough to pay all the legal expenses which can go on for years. But at least the organization can count you as one more member when confronting elected officials. The two things elected officials make note of from special interests how big is the budgt to lobby and how many voters in their membership.

PinnedandRecessed

Allegedly
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 11, 2019
    Hays County
    Top Bottom