Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Redundant threads merged.

Do we need to conduct a poll to see if we should merge all the threads on this topic and, if so, where that thread should reside?

No poll, but please post your thoughts here. There's cleanup to be done but I know I'm gonna irritate some folks and I'd like to minimize that number.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Personally, it gets sometimes rather confusing with multiple threads going on the same topic.

But, at the same time, when new information comes out, it can get lost in one thread that has a great number of posts and many people may overlook it, and the new information gets bypassed.

My suggestion would be to allow a new thread to start if it has new information being told, then after about a week, then merge it with an existing thread.

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    No poll, but please post your thoughts here. There's cleanup to be done but I know I'm gonna irritate some folks and I'd like to minimize that number.

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I spun off a thread because the information was breaking and while the topic was the braces, it was different from what prompted this thread.

No butthurt here if you decide to merge that one into this one. I'm fine with what you decide and I'm sorry for creating more work for you.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    This was a good situation for merging. Literally the identical topic, all in the same timeframe. Not like some huge new, different development came along.

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    Redundant threads merged.

Do we need to conduct a poll to see if we should merge all the threads on this topic and, if so, where that thread should reside?

That's a good question. I'll start another thread so we can discuss it.....

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

TinCuda

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 3, 2016
    Not only is any part of the NFA of 1934 pure infringement upon our 2nd Amendment, it's just stupid infringement.

And maybe even more so in these current times. I understand the reasoning behind the NFA, (clarification: I don't agree with it, in any way though.) that it was a knee jerk reaction to organized crime having gunfights in the city streets and such, but, isn't that what in some ways we are faced with every time there is another tragic mass shooting incident? A knee jerk reaction to the violence in the form of more gun control laws that are every bit as ineffective as the ones already on the books.

And none of these laws are actually targeting the criminals anyways. How many criminals use suppressors? How many use a short-barreled rifle or shotgun? How many are committing violent criminal acts with fully automatic firearms? How many are using "bumpstocks" to kill mass numbers of people?

It would be foolish or naive to think no criminal acts occur with firearms that are regulated by the NFA of 1934, but the numbers are extremely low and almost barely even register from what I have seen and read.

Nope, this is just infringement, plain and simple. How does a 1/4 of an inch make any firearm more dangerous? How does trying to classify a brace make a firearm more dangerous?
    I agree.

The number of crimes committed by lawfully registered NFA items by their legal owners is two. That is right, the number from 1934 to present is two.

There have been two homicides in the US where registered (not stolen) NFA weapons were used.

1. A Dayton Ohio police officer, Roger Waller, was convicted of the Sept. 15 1988 slaying of Lawrence E. Hileman, 53. Hileman had a history of drug-related arrests and was a police informant. He killed the man with a registered M11 in .380 caliber.
    2. A doctor Dr. Shou Chao Ho, also in Ohio, killed , Dr. Carmelito Olaes in September 1992 with a suppressed M11 in .380 caliber as well. I can't remember the exact date or details on this one.
    3. Honorable mention: In April 2002, police officer Edward Lutes of Dover, New Jersey used his police-issue H&K MP5 to kill five of his neighbors. He subsequently took his own life with his handgun. It absolutely must be noted that New Jersey does not allow citizens, apart from law enforcement, to own a machine gun, but also that the submachine gun used in this heinous crime was issued to Lutes by his police department.
    On a side note, I know of only one homicide committed with a stolen NFA weapon. A woman in Nevada stole her husbands integrally suppressed Ruger MK2, then used it to kill him a few years after the fact. The weapon was recovered in the lake, and she was convicted.

NFA items are hardly a threat to national safety. Rifles and shotguns with shorter than the current non-NFA limit are no dangerous than longer firearms and are reported as red herrings to push the leftist agenda.

Last edited:

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Au contraire. There are many things that used to be legal that are no longer legal.

gambling, prostitution, cocaine, heroin, opium, marijuana, alcohol (and was made legal again) machine guns, short barrelled rifles, short barrelled shotguns, explosives... sure, you can get government permission slips in some places for most of these things - but they're not legal for every citizen, without issue

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    gambling, prostitution, cocaine, heroin, opium, marijuana, alcohol (and was made legal again) machine guns, short barrelled rifles, short barrelled shotguns, explosives... sure, you can get government permission slips in some places for most of these things - but they're not legal for every citizen, without issue
    Fireworks in the city limits, open containers in vehicles, no seat belts.

Top Bottom