Pistol cans

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
Lifetime Member
Jul 8, 2012
Central Texas
How quiet is a 9mm with a can vs .223? You can shoot hollow points through a can, right?

1slow01Z71

Well-Known
Jun 24, 2012
Kyle
No comparison. 223 is loud as hell no matter what can it is shot through and subsonic 223 is just retarded. Requires a ton of work to the rifle and is basically expensive ass 22lr at that point. 9mm through a can is pretty quiet, especially shooting 147s. You can shoot any bullets you want through it. Just be careful if you want to shoot cast then get a can you can take apart like the swr octane cans. That's essentially the reason I went with the octane 45 so I could shoot cast bullets if I choose. The osprey is nice but it wont necessarily keep you from needing to get tall suppressor sights. Either can is very nice and next month Ill order the osprey 45 as well mainly because its just a cool ass looking can.

1slow01Z71

Well-Known
Jun 24, 2012
Kyle
Depends on a number of factors. There are cheap rifle cans and expensive rifle cans all depends on the features, caliber and attachment method.

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
Lifetime Member
Jul 8, 2012
Central Texas
I was just thinking about getting a pistol can that will screw onto a P 226. I'm starting to think about this years tax refund. lol

1slow01Z71

Well-Known
Jun 24, 2012
Kyle
SWR Octane 45HD if youre going to shoot any cast bullets, Silencerco Osprey 45 if not because its just a cool can and works great. SWR specwar 7.62 would be the first rifle can Id buy these days. When I bought my first can the specwar wasn't out yet so I picked up a yhm ti phantom 7.62 which is really nice for being lightweight and small for a 30 cal can but I went ahead and ordered a specwar as well. They've got the best qd mechanism out there and its quiet as hell. It does it at the price of weight and length though. Theres a ton of good options out there these days.

40Arpent

TGT Addict
TGT Supporter
Jul 16, 2008
Houston
No comparison. 223 is loud as hell no matter what can it is shot through and subsonic 223 is just retarded. Requires a ton of work to the rifle and is basically expensive ass 22lr at that point. 9mm through a can is pretty quiet, especially shooting 147s. You can shoot any bullets you want through it. Just be careful if you want to shoot cast then get a can you can take apart like the swr octane cans. That's essentially the reason I went with the octane 45 so I could shoot cast bullets if I choose. The osprey is nice but it wont necessarily keep you from needing to get tall suppressor sights. Either can is very nice and next month Ill order the osprey 45 as well mainly because its just a cool ass looking can.
Are you saying that the Octane doesn't require suppressor sights?

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
Lifetime Member
Jul 8, 2012
Central Texas
I didn't know you could do that-pretty slick.

Top Bottom