• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 1slow01Z71

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Kyle
    No comparison. 223 is loud as hell no matter what can it is shot through and subsonic 223 is just retarded. Requires a ton of work to the rifle and is basically expensive ass 22lr at that point. 9mm through a can is pretty quiet, especially shooting 147s. You can shoot any bullets you want through it. Just be careful if you want to shoot cast then get a can you can take apart like the swr octane cans. That's essentially the reason I went with the octane 45 so I could shoot cast bullets if I choose. The osprey is nice but it wont necessarily keep you from needing to get tall suppressor sights. Either can is very nice and next month Ill order the osprey 45 as well mainly because its just a cool ass looking can.

1slow01Z71

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Kyle
    Depends on a number of factors. There are cheap rifle cans and expensive rifle cans all depends on the features, caliber and attachment method.

1slow01Z71

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Kyle
    SWR Octane 45HD if youre going to shoot any cast bullets, Silencerco Osprey 45 if not because its just a cool can and works great. SWR specwar 7.62 would be the first rifle can Id buy these days. When I bought my first can the specwar wasn't out yet so I picked up a yhm ti phantom 7.62 which is really nice for being lightweight and small for a 30 cal can but I went ahead and ordered a specwar as well. They've got the best qd mechanism out there and its quiet as hell. It does it at the price of weight and length though. Theres a ton of good options out there these days.

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    No comparison. 223 is loud as hell no matter what can it is shot through and subsonic 223 is just retarded. Requires a ton of work to the rifle and is basically expensive ass 22lr at that point. 9mm through a can is pretty quiet, especially shooting 147s. You can shoot any bullets you want through it. Just be careful if you want to shoot cast then get a can you can take apart like the swr octane cans. That's essentially the reason I went with the octane 45 so I could shoot cast bullets if I choose. The osprey is nice but it wont necessarily keep you from needing to get tall suppressor sights. Either can is very nice and next month Ill order the osprey 45 as well mainly because its just a cool ass looking can.

Are you saying that the Octane doesn't require suppressor sights?

1slow01Z71

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Kyle
    Are you saying that the Octane doesn't require suppressor sights?
    No you will definitely need suppressor sights or a rmr. My point was is many people think due to the design of the osprey they want need tall sights and thats incorrect. Depends on the gun.
    I didn't know you could do that-pretty slick.
    Both cans I mentioned have interchangeable pistons to shoot sub caliber through a 45 can. You van get the fixed piston and shoot subsonic 300blk through it if you want as well.

Sugar Land

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 7, 2012
    Sugar Land Texas
    I have two pistons for my Osprey 9mm. One for the 226 and a 1/2-28 for my other 9mm's. Shooting without ear pro is not a problem. Great can.

grumper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    Austin
    Hehe if you had gotten a SWR Trident you could use it on your SMG along with your pistols.

If Silencerco didn't discontinue them.

grumper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    Austin
    hems45_zps662b4994.gif

It came with tall sights, so I didn't have to change anything.

Wish I had kept that Wilcox laser aiming unit, it's a vintage piece and been out of production since 2001. It's clunky, heavy and hard to adjust compared to the new Insight ILWLP. You can't just turn a couple screws in the LAM to move the laser dot around, you gotta shift the whole mount around until the whole assembly is pointing at the right spot. That flash light (the bottom half) is huge compared to the ones available from Streamlight, SureFire, and Insight these days. There are actually infrared communication ports built into the bottom of the laser and the top of the flash light that let u control both units with either set of buttons or the lever under the trigger guard. Also completely waterproof and after the electronics are installed, they filled the insides with rubber. Very tough and almost impossible to break. It's caveman tacticool gear from the era before LED tactical lights and super compact Crimson Trace lasers.

Probably worth something as a rare collector's item now. The laser + light combo cost me $400 back in the day, and the last one I saw for sale the price had gone up to around $850.

Edit: GRRRRR, one of them sold on Ebay this year for $1775. Shoulda kept mine. :beat:

Last edited:
    Top Bottom