Pistol for Colorado Hiking

bbbass

Baffler of the Brilliant
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sep 2, 2020
NE Orygun
Soooooo, how did it all turn out? I trust nobody got eaten???

cycleguy2300

Well-Known
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Mar 19, 2010
Austin, Texas
Soooooo, how did it all turn out? I trust nobody got eaten???
Perhaps:
b6f32df89e354976fd9dca2567239fff.jpg

Sent from your mom's house using Tapatalk

Krieger

BANNED!!!
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Apr 26, 2021
Austin
Oh, he’s been here a bit. Had some posts nuked for pimping his business.

Hello Hoji,

Yes I was "nuked"... quite a few times actually for violating the forum rules - not something that I did on purpose, though. Forum writing is new to me, so I've had a violation or two... In fact I had two yesterday and they removed my posts. I contacted Kevin some time ago and I'm working on becoming compliant.

I am grateful to you and to all of the others who point out my mistakes. I'll continue to repair my errors so that I can bring the readers of Texas Gun Talk information that may be of interest. I actually just starte a new series named, "The End Of The World As We Know It." I'll be discussing mindset, equipment and tactics that would be beneficial should we have a cataclysmic event.

You can find this series of posts here: https://www.texasguntalk.com/threads/the-end-of-the-world-as-we-know-it-introduction.106719/#post-2383406

Let me know what you think.

Again, thank you so much for pointing out the areas that I need to improve.

Respectfully,

-Krieger
Survive. Fight. Win. Return With Honor.

BuzzinSATX

Well-Known
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Dec 20, 2013
New Braunfels
Hello Hoji,

Yes I was "nuked"... quite a few times actually for violating the forum rules - not something that I did on purpose, though. Forum writing is new to me, so I've had a violation or two... In fact I had two yesterday and they removed my posts. I contacted Kevin some time ago and I'm working on becoming compliant.

I am grateful to you and to all of the others who point out my mistakes. I'll continue to repair my errors so that I can bring the readers of Texas Gun Talk information that may be of interest. I actually just starte a new series named, "The End Of The World As We Know It." I'll be discussing mindset, equipment and tactics that would be beneficial should we have a cataclysmic event.

You can find this series of posts here: https://www.texasguntalk.com/threads/the-end-of-the-world-as-we-know-it-introduction.106719/#post-2383406

Let me know what you think.

Again, thank you so much for pointing out the areas that I need to improve.

Respectfully,

-Krieger
Survive. Fight. Win. Return With Honor.
link doesn't work for me

deemus

my mama says I'm special
Lifetime Member
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Feb 1, 2010
DFW
What doesn’t kill you makes you stronger. Except bears. They just kill you. And maybe eat you too.

Last edited:

Sam7sf

7.62x39 addict.
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Apr 13, 2018
Texas
Ah the internet bear conversation. Do what you want. If a bear knows your coming and it feels it has a way out you should be fine. I have zero brown bear experience but a crap ton of black bear and mountain lion experience. Most of my experience is by luck and seeing with my own eyes how these animals work. What will keep you safe is just pay attention to your surroundings. I’ll talk when I hike but that’s me not being rude if I have someone with me who’s new. When I would camp and hike on my own I didn’t make much talk. I’ll walk where it makes sound the most and have something on your pack that clangs. 1, it calms my mind. 2, your ears are your friends. So just listen, look, smell, it’s all part of situational awareness. One hike in Oregon, an observation on a tree allowed me to put a mom and her cub well ahead of me. When they finally seen me she was already going down hill. Got to enjoy seeing mom and cub at a safe distance and she had an out. At my camp spot there was one trophy bear I never went after. Just didn’t feel like it. He never messed with me. Summer in Oregon I never used a tent. I’m a light sleeper and I can hear so much that way. That ol goof was not light footed going to the pond to get a drink. Lol. The only time I got uneasy at that same spot was waking up to a rabbit being killed and hearing a very like walk near my cot. Knew right off the bat it was a cat. I slept in the truck that night.

Now with a brown bear I’ll take advice from those that have been there. Would love to hike Colorado. Pack spray. Pack a big bore. If it’s your time it’s your time.

Products discussed on TGT

Support

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
silencers
third coast
DK Firearms
Tyrant Designs
Ranier
Every Day Man
Shroud

Latest posts