• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hswaters

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 16, 2012
    Houston Texas
    I have a Jimenez 380. The factory new magazines have too weak a spring or some other problem that lets the bullets try to get crosswise in the magazine instead of being angled upward as they should be. Once this happens the bullets are very tightly stuck in the magazine and I have to pry them out with a screwdriver. I think the cure for this problem is a stronger spring in the magazine. The reason I think this will fix the problem is that I have two of the magazines. I took the spring from one and added it to another along with the spring that was already in it. Now the bullets do not stick in the magazine but there are too many coils of spring in the bottom of the magazine and they simply fill it so full I cannot get the full 6 rounds in. I tried Wolf springs but they simply list magazine springs by the gun manufacturer and the particular gun. They do not carry any springs for the Jimenez. They do not give any dimensions, no length, width, or depth, just the gun name and model.

What I need is to find some place that sells springs, need not be a gun spring site, that gives dimensions and compression strength of the springs. I also do not know what terminology should be used to describe a magazine spring. The ones I have seen are a flattened coil type of spring. They are oblong like a bullet instead of being round.
    Target Sports

Top Bottom