• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • claymore504

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Katy, TX
    Where is a good place to have this done on a 1911? Local? I was looking at sending it to Springfield. I want a good tough finish for CC!
    Target Sports

texas_teacher

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    South Korea
    Anyone know of anyone in Texas that does hard chroming?

How about pistol engraving?

I'm looking to have some custom work done and would love to have some face time with the artist but if not I'd probably send it off to customized creationz... There was someone on this site that had some work done by them and I've looked and their prices were pretty reasonable...

I'm also looking for someone that does metal work... I'm looking to get a set of slim grips for my Mustang created out of aluminum... Just something I've been looking at doing...

claymore504

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Katy, TX
    I contacted STI about a different finish (this is for my Ranger II). So, I will see what they say. If they have no options I will most likely go with SA custom shop. How does there armory coat hold up?

claymore504

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Katy, TX
    I have sent a few guns to CCR Refinishing > [URL="http://www.ccrrefinishing.com/index.html"][url]http://www.ccrrefinishing.com/index.html[/URL][/URL].

They do a fantastic job.

What type of finish are you going for?

Black, Nickel, another color?

I have had my Colt frame done, HK slide done, Sig slide done and about to send my HK P7 their for the whole gun in a Nickel Plate.

I just want a good tough finish that will hold up to when I carry it sometimes. I do not want shiney on this one.

randmplumbingllc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    El Paso
    I contacted STI about a different finish (this is for my Ranger II). So, I will see what they say. If they have no options I will most likely go with SA custom shop. How does there armory coat hold up?

It sucks ! I bought a TRP Operator a couple of years ago and the "armory" finish started to wear in a couple of months. Not horrid, but it should not have been wearing off at all in 2 months. I never carried the weapon.

LOVE the gun , HATE the finish !

texas_teacher

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    South Korea
    Does cerakoting a pistol cover up the factory brand engravings or does it highlight them? I don't want to lose these but I have been contemplating getting my carry piece cerakoted...

Army 1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Dallas Texas or so
    Dave Severns at Severns Custom has a "hard hat" finish that is not a spray and bake, it is an actual metal treatment that is about as tough as anything I have seen. He bead blasts it first and then treats it. Nice soft black and I mean black. Had my STI done.

Top Bottom