• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ragnar Danneskjold

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2013
    Arlington, TX
    I'm a Michigan resident but still be moving to the DFW area in February when I get home from Afghanistan. I'm looking for a reputable tactical shooting school in Texas that teaches combat pistol and rifle, also perhaps shotgun, low light, etc. I would consider myself at least moderately skilled in shooting and would like to find a school with experienced instructors that can help me learn more. I've deployed twice doing Protective Services Detail missions, been to training schools in Michigan, am a small arms instructor in my Army unit and been through a 21 week police academy. What I'm looking for is somewhere that preferably teaches tactics and styles similar to Magpul, such as the use of "workspace" for reloads.
    Anyone have any suggestions or experiences they can share about any TX schools?
    Thanks a bunch
    ARJ Defense ad

Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 28, 2011
    Austin
    I believe Darryl Bolke with HITS works around the Dallas area. Outside of that there are numerous well known trainers that come to the area during the year. If your looking for a specific class you might have to drive a few hours to find it.

Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 28, 2011
    Austin
    I just remembered Craig Douglas aka Southnarc is going to be teaching his ECQC class near Dallas in April. If your planning on carrying a handgun for self defense (or mil/LEO) I highly recommend it.

Top Bottom