• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • barazaba

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2008
    Hi-Point Model JCP .40 S&W
    S/N X742015

This was stolen from my residence 2 days after I bought it. My wife was home all day the day it was taken, the only other people that came to the house that day were 3(three) cable installers. I saw it when I left for work and noticed at about 9:30 that night it was not where I had placed it. Unfortunately I had it next to the attic access in a high place, which the only person who could have seen it would have been someone on a ladder. I contacted the local PD immediately, the next morning I contacted the manager of the cable company. Haven't heard anything back from anyone yet.
    Venture Surplus ad

pawncop

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    TEXAS
    barazaba,

Sorry for the situation, I will add this to my watch list hope it will be recovered soon.

DirtyD

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2008
    Spring
    First, sorry for your loss, but of more concern to me, you said you left this pistol in an unsecured location where strangers could have access to it? I am not trying to flame or scold, but this situation is exactley how legally obtained firearms end up in the wrong hands and the anti's use it in their retoric.... If you are going to own a gun, you also need a safe.... period. If you arent carrying it on your person, or otherwise have positive control of your weapon, it needs to be secured.

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    What's disturbing and strange about this is that fro what you've said, if it is even 75% accurate, you have primary suspects in the theft of a hand gun, which should get an immediate response from the local LEA but mostly, from you addressing the cable contractor or employee

I can not fathom that a cable provider, who could be liable, would hesitate 1 minute in resolving a possible theft of a firearm form a customer home by an employee or contractor.

Is there more to this story? Or an update? There's enough people in that area that don't need any help getting their hands on guns that they can't buy or own legally themselves.

barazaba

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2008
    First this firearm was left out for my wife as she was at home, you don't know if there was a safe or not, they only stole 1 weapon. Second as I did she actually thought that the cable company employees would not steal anything from the household. Second I still haven't heard anything from the cable company or the local PD, no follow ups or anything. I'm realizing that they may not actually give a damn. There was nothing else to the story, I wish there was so maybe it would make sense to me also.

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    I'd be banging down the PD and local cable offices door, not waiting for them. Letting it go is only giving them more time/room to wiggle out of it if in fact they did it.

junkyguns

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    to bad she didn't catch them stealing something else and get the chance to confront them with the 40 in her hand !
    as to securing weapons , if i had to secure all mine in thier locations I would have a safe at my desk, bedside , entry way, living room, and hall way. I am just not going to say hey burgular give me a minute to wake up go to the safe and try and get my old eye's to focus in the dark to open the combo lock and get my handgun so i can protect myself and my wife.
    But if you have children running about it may be a whole different scenario . this subject is just like politics and religion it is a tuff call what to say and when, it depends on who is listening and how they precieve it !

Thor

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    N Central Texas
    Have to say, I'm not very impressed with the Denison PD and I know one of their higher ups, personally. If you live in KXII land, you might see him on TV at times. That said, stolen guns can be hard to track down. I'd check the local pawn shops in Denison and Sherman. Drop me a PM and I can give you the name of the local cable company manager.

Top Bottom