• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    Had my pistol taken at gunpoint on a traffic stop(3-5MPH over). I followed all the SOPs for getting pulled over carrying, and he pulled his pistol and stepped back and ordered me to slowly grab it and hand it to him I complied just since he was being"friendly"(other than the whole pistol pointing at me thing) about it. He took my pistol to his car(guess he ran the serial number?). Came back with a verbal warning and my Pistol, and a comment about my ammo. Is this a normal thing or no?

I'm on the grid. Lol

I know 3 DPS officers pulled my dad and the guy who works for him out at Gun point, and had him on the ground searching him when he was pulled over.he also followed all the procedures
    Hurley's Gold

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    What agency pulled you over? Seems a little over the top to feel the need to draw on someone you stopped for speeding, who is readily complying. Maybe he was a nervous newbie?

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    I'd file a complaint with the police department. There was no reason for you to have a loaded weapon pointed in your direction when you did nothing wrong and exhibited no aggressive behavior.

What was his comment about your ammo? That could be a telling detail regarding the officer's behavior - did he lecture you on the evils of deadly, "armor-piercing" hollowpoints?

AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    What was weird is how friendly he was being, and I was friendly also not nervous and showing respect(yes/no sir and didn't give him BS excuses). Why be so friendly with a gun out?

When he brought it back he said "Not playing around with that ammo are you they'll stop somebody" or something close to that. Just said "No Sir" and he handed it back and said have a good one.

Come to think of it I want even speeding but maybe 2 over I saw him and looked down and it said 50-52 and the sign was for 50. It was a small neighborhood "police department" theyre all 300-400 pounds or 60+.The guy wasnt rude, and gave me a verbal warning so I hate to complain I wasn't scared or anything, but it was over the line. I don't have anything against the guy or anything was just curious if anyone else had experienced this

When I lived there one of their guys flew through an intersection and into my yard in his personal truck and almost ran me over(I had to dive out of the way) and he just spun his tires and drove off like nothing happened. Complaining wouldn't do anything I tried to complain about the officer almost running me over(missed by inches) I would go to the station when his truck was there and they would lock the door when I was walking up. T

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    You must be talking about Shenandoah or Oak Ridge North right???

Also what brand, model and caliber of ammo does this guy think is so serious?

Shooter McGavin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2012
    Free Texas
    Come to think of it I want even speeding but maybe 2 over I saw him and looked down and it said 50-52 and the sign was for 50. It was a small neighborhood "police department" theyre all 300-400 pounds or 60+.The guy wasnt rude, and gave me a verbal warning so I hate to complain I wasn't scared or anything, but it was over the line. I don't have anything against the guy or anything was just curious if anyone else had experienced this

When I lived there one of their guys flew through an intersection and into my yard in his personal truck and almost ran me over(I had to dive out of the way) and he just spun his tires and drove off like nothing happened. Complaining wouldn't do anything I tried to complain about the officer almost running me over(missed by inches) I would go to the station when his truck was there and they would lock the door when I was walking up. T

WTH man.... That's some back woods a$$, good ole boy, B.S. going on there my friend.

AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    AKMike, what you experienced, as described, is not reasonable. Can you describe the point in which he drew down on you? In detail?

He walked up before I could get my CHL/License(Im crammed into my truck so its a pain to get my wallet out) and my pistol is on the same side so I put my hands on the wheel and told him I had a CHL my pistols in my holster right by my wallet. would it be alright if I got my CHL/DL out. and he brabbed his pistol and stepped back with it pointed at my door(towards my torso). He told me to slowly grab my pistol and give it to him so i pinched the slide below the rear sight and handed it to him muzzle away from him, and informed him the chambers empty but check it(Remembered I forgot to load one...dumb ass).

He wasnt rude or anything the whole time it was just an odd situation. I figured this wasnt completely normal, but was curious if anyone else had this happen.

AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    You must be talking about Shenandoah or Oak Ridge North right???

Also what brand, model and caliber of ammo does this guy think is so serious?

Was just Hornady Critical Defense...its all they had anywhere for a while. He asked something about it being Corbon, but I didnt correct him or anything lol

AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    Sorry, man, but I consider having a loaded weapon pointed at my torso to be the height of rudeness.

I mean besides that.

I kind of think he was nervous its a neighborhood full of retired folks where nothing really happens(hence way out of shape/soon to retire officers I guess?). They questioned me 2-3 times when I rented a house in there for being in my driveway messing with my truck(was dark but had outside lights on so I could see) and they saw me everyday. Its like theyre bored and when something could happen they get excited lol.

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    I had Copperas Cove PD's "gun guru" tell me that if he came up on my blazer and saw my shotgun and rifle in the back, then he would approach my door with his gun drawn and be yelling at me until he sorted things out. This would be during a normal traffic stop.

I can see the officer wanting to step back, and have his gun at the ready, but I don't think pointing at you is what he needed to do. Running the serial is no biggie. To me-that's on the same level as running your license and plate. The comment about the ammo is un-needed though. I don't care if you're running FMJ's. Everyone has their own logic and background. He never should have escalated his tone though. All that does is cause undue stress on the whole situation which leads to accidents.

AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    I had Copperas Cove PD's "gun guru" tell me that if he came up on my blazer and saw my shotgun and rifle in the back, then he would approach my door with his gun drawn and be yelling at me until he sorted things out. This would be during a normal traffic stop.

I can see the officer wanting to step back, and have his gun at the ready, but I don't think pointing at you is what he needed to do. Running the serial is no biggie. To me-that's on the same level as running your license and plate. The comment about the ammo is un-needed though. I don't care if you're running FMJ's. Everyone has their own logic and background. He never should have escalated his tone though. All that does is cause undue stress on the whole situation which leads to accidents.

That guy sounds like a prick. Luckily like I said this guy stayed calm he just firmly told me to hand him my pistol. Some Officers are really touchy when it comes to stuff and others blow it off. The last time(and only other time) I was pulled over the guy just said "Dont touch it Ill be back" then asked what I carried.

I know everyone handles situations differently, and I dont hold anything against this guy it was just a weird deal. I didnt want to give him my pistol, but I dont want to give the guy grief just because he does something differently...though it could be better lol.

Top Bottom