Pistol training recommendations

erik087

Oct 21, 2013
Hey everyone, first post here. Are there any particular people or businesses that you'd recommend for pistol training?

I'm fairly new to pistols (about 9 months) and while I'm comfortable with safety, handling, etc., I know I need some training and correction on my marksmanship. I can get some decent shots/groups, but not greatly consistent.

I have a Sig P220 that is for both range and home defense. I'm active duty and have only been here about a year, so I'm still not familiar with a lot of the places.

I have a business card from Gun Training San Antonio that I picked up at Blackhawk, and a brochure for Texas Professional Firearms Training. Any opinions on these or other training providers you'd be willing to share?

My training priorities are: marksmanship, CHL, home defense / tactical shooting.

Thanks for any experience you guys can share!

-Erik

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

BigBoss0311

Well-Known
Mar 8, 2010
McKinney, TX
Howdy, I'm sure others on here can tell you places to go to get quality training from a professional in your area. As far as practicing on your own, pistol-training.com has many many drills you can do on your own that were developed by some top names in the business. They are a good resource as well for continuing to develop what you learn.

shortround

TGT Addict
Jan 24, 2011
Grid 0409
I have given active duty troops no-cost firearms instruction for the past fifteen years. Student only provides firearm, ammunition and pays range fees.

Call it coaching or mentoring. I don't take money from someone who wants to learn fundamentals.

Uncle Sam pays my retirement, and I like to pay it forward.

erik087

Oct 21, 2013
Awesome, thanks for all the recommendations...I'll check them all out.

ShortRound: Sounds like a great opportunity. Any coaching would be great and much appreciated!

Thanks guys.

Primary

TexasGunTalk Assistant
Here are some related products that TexasGunTalk members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TexasGunTalk’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TexasGunTalk discussions about these products.

Support

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
silencers
third coast
DK Firearms
Tyrant Designs
Ranier
Shroud

Forum statistics

Threads
Members