• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • erik087

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2013
    Hey everyone, first post here. Are there any particular people or businesses that you'd recommend for pistol training?

I'm fairly new to pistols (about 9 months) and while I'm comfortable with safety, handling, etc., I know I need some training and correction on my marksmanship. I can get some decent shots/groups, but not greatly consistent.

I have a Sig P220 that is for both range and home defense. I'm active duty and have only been here about a year, so I'm still not familiar with a lot of the places.

I have a business card from Gun Training San Antonio that I picked up at Blackhawk, and a brochure for Texas Professional Firearms Training. Any opinions on these or other training providers you'd be willing to share?

My training priorities are: marksmanship, CHL, home defense / tactical shooting.

Thanks for any experience you guys can share!

-Erik

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk
    Venture Surplus ad

BigBoss0311

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    McKinney, TX
    Howdy, I'm sure others on here can tell you places to go to get quality training from a professional in your area. As far as practicing on your own, pistol-training.com has many many drills you can do on your own that were developed by some top names in the business. They are a good resource as well for continuing to develop what you learn.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    I have given active duty troops no-cost firearms instruction for the past fifteen years. Student only provides firearm, ammunition and pays range fees.

Call it coaching or mentoring. I don't take money from someone who wants to learn fundamentals.

Uncle Sam pays my retirement, and I like to pay it forward.

erik087

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2013
    Awesome, thanks for all the recommendations...I'll check them all out.

ShortRound: Sounds like a great opportunity. Any coaching would be great and much appreciated!

Thanks guys.

Top Bottom