• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Austin09

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2008
    Does anyone know what kind of pistol Angelina was using in "Wanted"? I know this is probably a weird question

Here's a picture for reference:
    wanted.gif
    Hurley's Gold

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    It's a very modified 1911 of unknown make. The lower frame is custom, or at least I don't know of a maker that has a trigger guard like that. The upper portion has target sights and a compensator bushing. It has a mag well extension, custom grips, beaver tail, and the cosmetic touches.

Alot of thin serrations, target sights, and the lack of forward serrations on the slide leads me to believe it was originally a Colt.

U235

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2008
    Pflugerville
    Has anyone seen this movie, is it any good? The previews led me to believe it was slightly cheesy, but at the same time it looked compelling.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    It was definitely cheesy, however I found it to be more entertaining than expected. There were several funny parts, and the ending gun battle was pretty crazy. Of course none of it is realistic in any manner, but after all it is a movie and if they were all realistic that wouldn't be any fun. ;)

Austin09

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2008
    Has anyone seen this movie, is it any good? The previews led me to believe it was slightly cheesy, but at the same time it looked compelling.

I don't know if cheesy is the right word, but I guess it might be slightly cheesy :p I thought it was very good. It was very intense and had tons of action; Lots and lots of gore with humor strewn all over the place. I loved it.

Oh, and you get to see Mrs. Jolie's ass ;)

Army 1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Dallas Texas or so
    It's a very modified 1911 of unknown make. The lower frame is custom, or at least I don't know of a maker that has a trigger guard like that. The upper portion has target sights and a compensator bushing. It has a mag well extension, custom grips, beaver tail, and the cosmetic touches.

Alot of thin serrations, target sights, and the lack of forward serrations on the slide leads me to believe it was originally a Colt.

Safari Arms Matchmaster is what it is based on. Olympic Arms and Safari Arms are the only ones I know of that use that shape trigger guard. According to another forum, you can see the roll mark in one of the scenes.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Yeah, I'm going to recant the cheesy remark. The movie was definitely not intended to be realistic, so there's really nothing wrong with that. Some people are just way too serious and can't relax when a movie does not adhere to all the laws of physics or science. ;) I was very entertained throughout the entire movie. I do wish there was a bit more action though, but the ending scene more than made up for that. ;) Angelina Jolie is hot as usual but man, she seriously needs some hip implants or something, lol. Defines the term washboard.....uh hips. lol

50calRay

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 17, 2008
    blah
    They got the movie from a Comic mine seiers: Wanted by Mark Miller, I haven't seen the movie yet but I hear it doesn't follow the comic outside of charater names. The comic is actually pretty good. They released the Trade paper back if anyone is interrested in reading it without having to hunt down the complete set.

beagle

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Helotes, TX
    Safari Arms Matchmaster is what it is based on. Olympic Arms and Safari Arms are the only ones I know of that use that shape trigger guard. According to another forum, you can see the roll mark in one of the scenes.

It was rollmarked "Matchmaster". I remember thinking Why does that OlyArms 1911 have "Bushmaster" on the slide?, then realizing it must have said Matchmaster, not Bushmaster.

It was a cool flick. The wife and I enjoyed it. I've read the Millar comic on which it's based, she has not. As such, I think she liked it more because the changes didn't bug her.

B.

TexasHK

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2008
    Seguin, Tx
    It was definately entertaining with the humor thrown into the blood and guts and gore...a true blue american movie...and the real humor of it all is at the end my whife said she thought angelina should have lived through it.

Unrealistic though, must gun guys will realize, balistically, you can't do what the movie shows.

DrBart2

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2008
    Burleson
    I haven't seen the movie, but have seen the previews. Because having not seen the movie I may be way off base here, but my first thought is when will be the first fatality when some ignorant "gang banger", or gun owner, tries to curve his bullet around someone! It is amazing what some people believe!!

Of course, I have to remember that stupidity can't be controlled. There will always be a few who will try to do what they see in movies. I guess it is natural selection at work! LOL

Top Bottom