• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mac79912

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    I hope the cameras help to prevent an officer from being wrongfully accused.IA treats cops like criminals and having that extra evidence might help the officer clear themselves of any wrong doing

Double Naught Spy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    North Texas
    More information is usually better, but something that bulky that doesn't actually improve the usefulness or the functionality of the gun is something that I see as a liability to the successful deployment and potential use of that gun in a situation that is potentially or is a lethal force situation.

There are better options for cameras and related data gear that won't interfere with weapon use.

So if the camera is on the light rail, where does the light go?

At 6 ounces of muzzle end weight, recoil should be greatly diminished!

zembonez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    I say just leave the in-car cameras and let properly trained Police officers do their job. Kissing the a$$ of every community group is ridiculous. "Outreach this" and "touchy feely that"... Our officers can't actually DO much of anything anymore. In-car cameras actually serve to protect the officer as well in many situations. Any officer with a brain 'knows" where to get out of camera range if needed. If you aren't doing anything wrong, you don't have anything to worry about.

While we are on the subject:

ANYBODY that runs from the Police in a vehicle should be shot. Putting the rest of us in danger because you can't fit into society is unacceptable to me.

PUNISH criminals. Serving 2 months of a 20 year sentence is not going to rehabilitate anybody. Violent criminal after violent criminal gets released from TDC over and over until they finally kill somebody... Don't believe me? Go look at the death row statistics and see how many times each offender was jailed and released early... If you sentence them to 20 years - make 'em serve 20 years.

If you want to bring up the cost of doing this... how about taking the large percentage of people in jail for minor drug and non violent offenses and trying to get them back into the system?

OK... Rant over.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Just more crap for our LEO's to deal with. Those guys are going to need a harness to hold up their belt with all the crap they have to carry on it.

What's next, you have to have a free defense lawyer riding in the car in case the LEO does something a bit off-color?

I don't even think it will prevent accusations against officers. The action before the gun is drawn is what causes the gun to be drawn. In the event of an immediate defense (ie. perp pulls a gun) you aren't going to get video of that. Only of the gun being drawn and fired on the perp.

carney

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2008
    Outside DFW metromess.
    The biggest problem with things like this is the added weight and cost. Officers are already weighed down with all kinds of gear as it is, and everyone knows that most police departments don't like to spend money and these will not be cheap.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    and everyone knows that most police departments don't like to spend money

hi8_camcorder.jpg

+

glock19.jpg

+

ducttape.jpg

Pappy

Resident Septuagenarian
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    Texas
    I remember when....

ANYBODY that runs from the Police in a vehicle should be shot. Putting the rest of us in danger because you can't fit into society is unacceptable to me.

I am old enough to remember that when a policeman said "Stop or I'll shoot!!".
    They didn't and he did....

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I understand there are probably a handful of "bad" cops out there, however honestly this pistol cam thing is a ridiculous concept. The number of good cops out there far outweighs any bad ones, and they have to deal with enough crap as it is.

Slotback

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2008
    I'm left shaking my head after that article. Hell these days it's starting to cost 50K to get a police car and outfit it alone.

Top Bottom